Favorite Halloween Hardy Boys book

Started by tomswift2002, August 06, 2007, 09:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Between the two Halloween cases the Hardy's have solved, which one do you like?

Csefile #80 Dead Of Night (October 1993)
8 (100%)
Digest #175 Trick-Or-Trouble (September 2002)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: October 31, 2007, 09:19:59 AM

tomswift2002

I know people might think that it's a little early to talking about Halloween, but lets face it, once school's in, then people usually start to think of Halloween.  So, I've set the timer at 86 days for this poll, to find out which of the two Hardy Boys Halloween is the best Halloween book.  If there are other books that you think are good Hardy Boys Halloween books, I've set a post up in General Discussions.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Lola

tomswift2002

This poll closes on Halloween day at a little after 9 a.m.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

White Eagle

A man with wings can do anything, but a man with a rocket can do Everything!

Centrion

Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

White Eagle

Dead of Night. I've never read Trick or Trouble LOL 8)

tomswift2002

So far, after little more than a month and a half, Dead Of Night is leading in this poll. 

One question for discussion, has anyone else beside me read Trick Or Trouble?  I tend to read both books every October as a tradition.

Sam Spade

Quote from: tomswift2002 on September 25, 2007, 06:34:42 PM
One question for discussion, has anyone else beside me read Trick Or Trouble?

I haven't read Trick Or Trouble OR Dead of Night!
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

tomswift2002

Candy corn, um-um-um, yummy, along with my favorite Hardy Boys halloween books make for a fun time.

tomswift2002

You've only got a few more weeks left to vote for this poll before the ghost's and goblin's get it.

White Eagle

Looks like nobody's voted for ToT so far.

tomswift2002

I guess a lot of people maybe dropped the Digest series from their reading lists by the time Trick-or-Trouble hit bookstores in September of 2002.

"You!"

I haven't read either of them. But I voted for the casefiles Dead of Night.? I wish I had that book.? :P

Is Trick-or-Trouble any good-storyline wise?
CAB :)

tomswift2002

Here's the write-up from the back of the book: (The Hardy Boys #175 Trick-Or-Trouble)

The Local Halloween Contest Is Turning Into A Real Fright Fest!

Bayport citizens are wild about the Merchant Association's new Halloween mystery contest.   The prizes for winning include DVD players, a classic motorcycle, a boat, and even flying lessons!  It's sure to be the biggest social event of the fall season.  When big prizes are up for grabs, though, some people will do anything to win---and it's up to the Hardys to keep the competition honoest.

As they try to keep things in line, the Hardy Boys and their friends contend with spooky settings, fright-masked bandits, a chase through the Halloween parade, and a horror movie star with secrets buried in his past.  Soon it looks like the bad guys have this contest in the bag.  Fortunately, the good guys---Frank and Joe---still have a few tricks left!

Collect All The Hardy Boys Mysteries!

The one thing that I found that I really didn't like was that the criminal turns out to be someone the Hardy's know right from the start of the book.  I like the books where the criminals are unknown at the beginning of the book, but because of this and that, the criminals identities would slowly get revealed.

Olivia

I've read Trick-or-Trouble but not Dead of Night. Sometimes I'm hesitant to vote because I think I should at least have read half to most of the books featured in a poll. In this case, I've only read the one!