#21 A Treacherous Tide

Started by Bigfootman, October 15, 2019, 08:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

https://www.amazon.com/Treacherous-Tide-Hardy-Boys-Adventures/dp/1534441379/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=Tom+Swift&qid=1571190240&s=books&sr=1-4

"Brother detectives Frank and Joe dive deep into the Florida Keys to find a missing person in the twenty-first book in the thrilling Hardy Boys Adventures series.

Frank and Joe Hardy have been invited to take part in a conservation mission by a marine biologist at the Bayport Aquarium. The boys get to go on an all-expenses paid trip to the lush and beautiful Florida Keys to help save sharks!

But the trip's purpose is suddenly sidelined when a paddle boarder goes missing and rumors start that the disappearance is the result of a shark attack. After spending so much time learning about the local shark population, the Hardy Boys aren't buying the story.

It will take all of Frank and Joe's recently acquired knowledge about sharks and their habitat to solve this case. Will they be able to discover what's really going on before it's too late?"

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

I appreciate the effort to make the book both educational and entertaining.  :) 8) I also notice that this book and the Clue Book coming out around the same time share an aquatic theme- The Hardy Boys even go to the same place (i.e. the aquarium) Maybe the cases are connected over time.  ;)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

I'm tempted to get the ebook of this and "Return to Black Bear Mountain"  (I liked the book it's a sequel to) when they come out, but after making the terrible mistake of getting "The Disappearance", I'm not sure I will.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

This series seems to be extremely, poorly written and plotted (I seem to recall that book 1 seemed to dangle a plot thread about a Red Arrow gang, sort of like the Assassins from the Casefiles, but nothing come of it.).  A lot of times I find the mystery part seems to be thrown in as an after-thought (same goes for the new Tom Swift series).  Also the plots seem to be equAl to the plots from the Clue Books.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

I just noticed something about the listing for this book and Return To Black Bear MountainA Treacherous Tide is scheduled for June 2020, whereas Return to Black Bear Mountain is scheduled for February 2020.  That's only 4 months between them, whereas for the past couple of years, the releases have usually been in March/April and then October/November.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

tomswift2002

I just got around to reading this book in the last few days.  I'm going to say that I'm mixed about how the book is.  It was better written than most Adventure stories, but the criminals really seemed lame, and I have to wonder why the author bothered making the book 17 chapters when, when you take away that chapter heading, Chapter 17 was just 1 page in length!  And the author cut it off at a point where you really wanted to know what the town would think when it was revealed that two of it's major business men were being placed in jail.  But I also found the last confrontation with the criminals to be really talky.  Sure the author had them stuck on a set a of rotten stairs in an old lighthouse as it's falling apart in a major storm, but the author couldn't think of anything better than to have the characters just talking! 

Rating: 3.5/10