What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?

Started by MacGyver, March 20, 2013, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

So I just got in the mail the paperback of "A Treacherous Tide" and the hardcover edition of "A Nancy Drew Christmas" (4th printing).  I haven't seen the Christmas one in any bookstores around here, so I was surprised at how thick it is.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

So I broke down and bought the Adventures 1-10 package.

And here is what I found inside the packaging:

Interesting that they have used the Casefiles logo. 

tomswift2002

At least the first Casefiles logo that ran from 1-104.  But, does this mean the series is going to incorporate elements of the Casefiles? 

Or I wonder if we might see the Casefiles reissued to tie-into the series?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on September 21, 2020, 06:30:15 AM
At least the first Casefiles logo that ran from 1-104.  But, does this mean the series is going to incorporate elements of the Casefiles? 

Or I wonder if we might see the Casefiles reissued to tie-into the series?

My guess this was simply a marketing ploy to get more viewers.  I would imagine that logo is the most recognized logo of most of the hardy boys logos and it probably hits a certain demographic that they want to pull into the audience. 

tomswift2002

Yeah, but it's kind of odd, since no books have used that logo in 25 years!  Of course the other well known Hardy Boys logo is the banner logo that was on the Mystery Stories from 1985-1995.

MacGyver

Wow! Way cool! It would be great if the show was on par with The Hardy Boys Casefiles in terms of quality and depth but I don't really expect the show to be based on it.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

VLoneWolf

That's cool.  I think the tag line is from the Secret of Red Arrow

tomswift2002

Just got the Wanderer version of "The Swamp Monster".  So it looks like S&S discontinued the internal illustrations with "The Blackwing Puzzle" as the Wanderer SM doesn't have internals.

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Just got The Hardy Boys 101The Money Hunt.  (Published April 1990, 30.75 years ago!) I remember reading it in the late-90's when I borrowed it from the local library, but that's the last time that I recall reading it.  I still have a few books to go before I get to it (I'm just about to start #95 Danger On The Air, but it was the only one in the next 20 or so numbers that I didn't have). 

I like the cover art on this one, reminds me of The Arctic Patrol Mystery with the bear bearing down on Frank. 

tomswift2002

This is kind of interesting, but Tom Cochrane's 1991 album "Mad, Mad World" (that features the hit song "Life Is A Highway") was produced, engineered and mixed by Joe Hardy!  Joe Hardy also played percussion on some tracks and 12-string on one track.

MacGyver

If that guy has a brother named Frank, his parents are either serious fans or have a sense of humour or both. :) 8)

tomswift2002

I don't know about that, but Joe Hardy died in February 2019 at 66 years.

tomswift2002

I just got in the mail today the single version of Casefiles #38 Diplomatic Deceit.  I've had it as part of the Casefiles Collector's Edition #1 for 20 years, but not the original single copy.

Hardy_and_Sons_Podcast

Our last purchase was The Missing Chums original Stratemeyer Syndicate release. We are actually in the middle of comparing the 1950's rewrite with the original version on our podcast The Hardy and Sons Podcast. If anyone has any interest in listening to our show- which is a chapter by chapter review of each book followed by a comparison episode of the original books you can find us on all podcast streaming sites or head to https://www.hardyandsonspodcast.com.