How many of your friends read Hardy Boys?

Started by SDLagent, August 14, 2008, 04:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokerette

as much as we hate to believe it, witches are real. of course, with God on our side we don't need to be scared or anything. as for goblins though, i don't believe it those. and myths are just, well...myths... ;D
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

Mattie

Jokerette

ya know, heaven could be considered supernatural   ;)(see you signature). also, the Bible acknowledges mediums and the like. they have no power over us, but i believe the Bible is true, and the Bible acknowledges them.
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

Mattie

I just put the signature beacuse i think its funny, i mean not ha-ha funny that doesnt mean  that i believe it

Jokerette

Mattie

Jokerette

Mattie

MacGyver

The David Crowder Band wrote a pretty neat book with that title- "Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven, But Nobody Wants to Die".
That is funny, isn't it? But of course, though there's still some trepidation on how I might die, I know that I don't have to fear death itself because as MacGyver said in the "Passages" episode- "Death's not so scary. I don't think it's the end of anything; more like just another step along the way." And for me, I know I have put my faith in Christ to save me and so death is just another step along the narrow way that leads to Heaven. :)

(And with that said- yes, I also acknowledge this thread has gotten way off-topic. We seem to do that a lot here- lol. ;D)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Jokerette

true, true! but what do you think about the witches and stuff, mac?

MacGyver

Witches are real and so are warlocks. They were around in Bible times (1 Samuel 28 mentions the witch of Endor in particular) and people still practice witchcraft today. And God definitely condemns that practice. (Deuteronomy 18:10, for one).
They are some who practice Wicca, which really falls under the same thing- and I've known a few Wiccans. Wiccans talk about using natural earth forces, but what force is that? What it comes down to is this- there are only two forces of power in the world. The forces of good and the forces of evil. The forces of right and the forces of wrong. The forces of God and the forces of the devil. Of all the supernatural phenomena out there, I believe in a few things- I believe in God and His angels and the devil and his demons. What people describe as ghosts or evil spirits translates into demons for me. The only good Ghost I know is The Holy Ghost. ;)
     1 Corinthians 10:14-22 talks about idolatry and that when people worship anyone other than Christ, they are really worshipping demons. There are certainly a number of other passages in The Bible to look at on these topics. (Ephesians 6 is another great passage for instance.)  Like DarkMist said, it's not something you necessarily need to be scared of when you know Christ as Savior, but you should be wary because even Satan masquerades as an angel of light. (2 Corinthians 11:14)
     But take heart- because greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4) And Jesus has overcome the world. (John 16:33) :D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Jokerette

WOW! that's like, exactly what my dad says! (and in case you where wondering, that's what i say too!)

MacGyver

Does that mean I can now use that cliche phrase- "Who's your daddy?" ;)
(j/k- I just couldn't resist a dumb joke.)
(But you and your dad have a good Biblical grasp on what God says then.) :D

Jokerette

nuh-uh! it's no excuse dumb (or cliche)! and yeah, my dad's cool.   8)

MacGyver

Yeah, he definitely sounds quite cool. Sorry- don't mind my earlier post. I was just being stupid. :-[