Get a Hardy Boys.

Started by SDLagent, August 09, 2008, 10:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

True, in the Original series it does mention Aunt Gertrude moving in with the Hardy's in The Secret of The Old Mill, but she would move in for extended stays.  In the UB's, she's moved in and there is no if ands or buts about if she's going.  SHE'S IN AND SHE AIN'T GETTING OUT. 

Look at the original text of #23 The Melted Coins, the boys have to get Aunt Gertrude at the train station because she had gone away to visit a family member, and now she was returning to stay for another long visit with her brother's family. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

:o

Maybe because it's easy for you to look good online Negative Zone, but in person it's a different story...

NZone

c'mon, you know I was jk  8), and um Tom? What's goin' on?
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Olivia

Yeah...I know :P

I can't blame anybody, though. They can't help but pay attention to a goof like you ;)

jk again.

Olivia

I think Tom was replying to Robin.

NZone

A goof? I am a successful businessman. Uh, a legitimate businessman. Yeah.  8) Ok, maybe not.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

Chet (Original): Hi I'm Chet!
Chet (UB): And I'm also Chet!  What's going on goofus?
Chet (Original): Who are you calling 'goofus'?
Chet (UB): You, fat boy.
Chet (Original): Fat Boy? Eh? Well, I tend to get all the good roles.
Chet (UB): As what?  Santa Claus in all the reject Christmas plays?
Chet (Original): At least I've been in on more cases with the Hardy's than you!
Chet (95): Don't say that or else you'll change your luck!
Chet (UB): Whose scaredy cat over here?
Chet (95): Who are you calling 'scaredy cat'?  I just don't like crossing black cats.
Chet (Original): I don't like black cats either.  Here, you want this chocolate bar?
Chet (UB): No way.  My personal trainer would have me skinned alive if I ate one of those.
Chet (95): When did you get a personal trainer?  I never had one in my youth?
Chet (Original): Neither did I.  Mom and Dad can't afford one with the high cost of running a farm and all my money's tied up in different projects.
Chet (UB): Whatever, Fatso's.  My dad's the president of a farm conglomerate.  (Turns away) See you later, losers.
Chet (Original): I should've bopped him one on the nose.
Chet (95): I think that might've been unlucky.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Olivia

Tom: What's Chet 95? But yeah, UBs Chet is as different from normal Chet as UBs Frank and Joe from normal Frank and Joe.

Negative Zone: Actually, I was going to say loser but I thought that was going too far...:-X

Sorry.

More like a con man, you outlaw.

NZone

So am I like Sawyer from Lost then, or like the guy from Catch Me if You Can (I do look like Leonardo DiCaprio, remember?)  ;)

Olivia

Haven't seen either of those...so...:-\

Actually, I was thinking about using a Santa Clause reference in my last "drama" thing. I think my 2nd post was a lot of random things strung together...oooh well.

tomswift2002

Quote from: oliviatocali on August 25, 2008, 07:30:59 PM
Tom: What's Chet 95? But yeah, UBs Chet is as different from normal Chet as UBs Frank and Joe from normal Frank and Joe.

Chet 95 is from the 1995 Hardy Boys TV series.  He only appeared in one episode, but he was always counting his luck.  Funny thing is, though, I think S&S must've sort of based the UB Chet on the actor who portrayed him in the show, since the 95 Chet was not as round as Gary Springer or any of the other actors who've portrayed Chet, or even just how Chet was written in the Originals and Casefiles.

NZone

Wasn't Chet written into the casefiles as more husky than just fat though?

Olivia

Oh, I see Tom. I think it was because Chet 95 didn't introduce himself haha.

I remember that episode. That was extremely weird. He was like, "You guys are my friends, right?" and then Frank and Joe gave each other a look. How rude. Well, not completely.

Yeah, from the Casefiles I read it seems he wasn't as "jolly" if that's the right word.

SDLagent

Quote from: 003Robin457 on August 25, 2008, 07:02:50 PM
I'm thinking those are nonconan since they explane a different way that Trudy gets her name than Huricane Joe. But why can't Trudy move out then back in, or the Hardys move back to maple?

The Hurricane Gertrude thing came after, I don't know why they ignored Graphic Novel #2. On the other hand they ignore every thing else so why not ignore the graphics too!

As for the non cannon comment...which Hardy continuity's cannon? Since there's at least eight this might take you awhile.

Sam Spade

Quote from: Negative Zone on August 25, 2008, 07:32:05 PM
or like the guy from Catch Me if You Can (I do look like Leonardo DiCaprio, remember?)  ;)

I saw that movie on TV. It was pretty good. :-\
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall