The Hardy Boys Digests and Casefiles are becoming hard to find

Started by Bigfootman, February 27, 2011, 03:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

You can typically still find a few of the Digests on bookshelves sometimes.... mainly I've seen a few at Books-A-Million stores- but that may just be old stock. And I typically see #140 Slam-Dunk Sabotage if I see any- and that's mainly because it's an Aladdin reprint of the Minstrel printing that was released a few years ago.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

It seems like most of those Aladdin reprints that were done were all in 2002- so yeah, it's been a number of years ago. Even so, Simon & Schuster still has some of those titles available for order- like #139 The Search for the Snow Leopard http://books.simonandschuster.com/Search-for-the-Snow-Leopard/Franklin-W-Dixon/Hardy-Boys/9780671505257
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

But most of the later Digest titles are still available too- here's S&S's listing for #190- http://books.simonandschuster.com/Motocross-Madness/Franklin-W-Dixon/Hardy-Boys/9780689873652
They actually have a couple of titles from #160 to #190, though not necessarily all of them.
And they have #154 The Caribbean Cruise Caper  as well, along with that E-book copy of The Hardy Boys Casefiles #89 Darkness Falls and The Hardy Boys Ghost Stories (which has the Minstrel cover pictured, but I'm thinking they would probably be shipping the later Aladdin printing.)

tomswift2002

And I believe that it is #160 that was reprinted a few years ago, and from what people have told me, that reprint (which was around 2007, and which is why the book is priced higher than the other Digests) was done on higher quality paper than normal, so it is a little bit thicker.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Olivia

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on March 06, 2011, 10:07:02 PM
I had to pay seven dollars for it!  ::) ;D

I found it for five and three quarters (online), but with tax and stuff it'll be close to that.

Quote from: MacGyver on March 06, 2011, 11:46:04 PM
What about Agent Cody Banks;D
(haha- j/k.)

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on March 06, 2011, 11:50:37 PM
I've watched that. Once::)

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on March 07, 2011, 10:37:45 AM
I hate that one!  ::) :o

So did I, once. Never again!  ::) ;) ;D

That is exactly the movie I was thinking about when I said Alex Rider is the only good one! lol.

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on March 07, 2011, 01:41:20 PM
I thought it was hilarious/weird, when I watched the movie documentary in the special features, every time they talked about Alex Pettyfer, they always said something like "Yeah, when we were casting Alex Rider, Pettyfer was perfect because he was young, was very fit, and he was very good looking." or "Alex Pettyfer? He was amazing, not only is he extrememly talented, but he's also VERY good-looking!" and "Oh, Alex is such a doll, I think we would have chosen him regardless of any acting ablilities he may or may not have had!" and "Alex Rider had to be handsome, so Pettyfer was the perfect fit! He looks like a model or something, I mean, WOW!"

Well, the word "talented" is in there, at least ;)

Strange that I don't remember the special features because I always watch it for movies. Guess it has been a while.

Anyway, Alex has actually done modelling too, for like Burberry or something in the magazine ads. There's footage of it on YouTube, and there's actually other funny clips of him goofing off. They are short (like 30 seconds each).

hardygirl847

I've been busy and away from my computer for awhile so I missed something about one of my FAVE actors!!!

ALEX PETTYFER IS HOT!!!

I MEAN...HOT...

And a good actor. And British. But he has an American accent in IANF and Beastly. He has his normal accent in Torment, and as Alex Rider.

I fell in love with him in Alex Rider...kinda weird since he was much younger then and will always be younger than me. BUT WHO CARES! He was awesome as Alex Rider. I am now completing my AR series just because he got me into them. I totally love it and always picture him when I read it.

I Am Number Four is a great book and a good movie. The movie and the book are quite different in many ways. However, I like how they did the movie...it made sense for what they had to work with. PLUS Alex is older now (which makes me feel less creepy lol) and doesn't wear a shirt in the whole movie. lol. Plus he's awesome. HIGHLY recommend watching the movie and reading the book. Just be forewarned that they are different...like most movie/books.

Beastly was good...a little slow in a few parts but it's that kind of movie. Again, Alex does a great job. And when he's NOT the beast, he's REALLY HOT. Actually, he's still pretty hot as the beast...but WHOA hotness. This movie I think was filmed before IANF...but released after because it got bumped.

I haven't read the book yet (although I recently got it in the mail). So not sure how they compare.

Alex was in Torment but it's a horror film. You youngin's really shouldn't see it. I will say that he is again...GORGEOUS! :) But he's a jerk there too.

And he dies. :(

But I am a HUGE Fan of Alex. I could go on and on about him but I will stop and share some eye candy with the ladies.

I have no idea what you were all talking about before...but feel free to swoon. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

AlwaysAJoefan

He is rather nice-looking. I plan on sending him a letter.  :) I send out to get autographs from celebrities.  :) I've gotten several back.

Are I Am Number Four and Beastly watchable?
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 09, 2011, 12:13:07 PM
I've been busy and away from my computer for awhile so I missed something about one of my FAVE actors!!!

ALEX PETTYFER IS HOT!!!

I MEAN...HOT...

He. Is. GORGEOUS. Those are the exact words that popped into my head when he first came on screen. LOL it's like you read my mind.... He's my age in Alex Rider, and I am reading the books mainly because I can imagine HIM in them! Ahhhhhhhh Sooooo super Hot and Adorable and Gorgeous and Beautiful and BRITTISH and Cute and Amazing and Hot and BRITTISH and Incredible and Adorable and Hot and BRITTISH and Hot and Hot and HOT!!!!
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Fenlaur

One of the bookstores I go to can`t order in the Digests...she told me that they were out of print.
FENLAUR

AlwaysAJoefan

Well, I know a couple people that are obsessed with Alex Pettyfer.  ;) But then, so am I.  ;) ;D

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on March 09, 2011, 12:53:34 PM
He. Is. GORGEOUS. Those are the exact words that popped into my head when he first came on screen. LOL it's like you read my mind.... He's my age in Alex Rider, and I am reading the books mainly because I can imagine HIM in them! Ahhhhhhhh Sooooo super Hot and Adorable and Gorgeous and Beautiful and BRITTISH and Cute and Amazing and Hot and BRITTISH and Incredible and Adorable and Hot and BRITTISH and Hot and Hot and HOT!!!!

and BRITISH? ;D 8)

JoeHardyRocks

BRITTISH IS AMAZING!!!! lol I found this thing it's

7 REASONS TO DATE A BRITTISH BOY

1. His accent
2. Having someone call you "love"
3. His accent
4. They dress better than American boys
5. His accent
6. They're cuter than American boys
7. His accent

;D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on March 09, 2011, 04:08:02 PM

1. His accent
3. His accent
5. His accent
7. His accent

;D

I just love British accents! 8) I also like watching MI-5 on PBS. I have the first season on DVD.

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on March 09, 2011, 04:08:02 PM

1. His accent
3. His accent
5. His accent
7. His accent

;D

Shaun Cassidy is American!  ;) ;) But I do agree about the accents. I love doing the British accents. Cheerio!

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on March 09, 2011, 04:10:05 PM
Shaun Cassidy is American!  ;) ;) But I do agree about the accents. I love doing the British accents. Cheerio!

I have The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries on DVD. The first two seasons, that's all that's been released so far. ::)