The Hardy Boys - S2E8 - A Midnight Scare

Started by SkyWarp, April 13, 2022, 01:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

So we now have two episodes in a row that I thought were really really good.  The death toll is rising and the mystery deepens on who is the Shadow. 

I've officially confirmed that Ms. Kane is the female teacher, but still not sure on Nurse Cody. 

It seems that just about everyone was a student of Rosegrave at one time or another. 

Not sure how I feel about Mack Malone's story arc.  I feel like it could have been done differently, but overall, a lot of the concerns I had in the earlier episodes of the show on various characters have become not so concerning. 

I fear a lot of people will lose interest really quick with this show in the earlier episodes with the extra junk they included.  A few cuts and edits to those first 6 episodes and the show would be much better. 

I am looking forward to the final two episodes.  Let's hope we don't see a return of the extra distracting relationships that weren't necessary.

MacGyver

This was another great episode! Frank and Joe work on different aspects of the case for a while but they communicate back and forth and revelations found in one place inform actions taken elsewhere. I love the exchange between Frank, Joe and Callie when Frank is telling Joe about Mr. Munder and warning him not to do anything rash. Of course, Joe rushes off to do something rash, which Callie comments on. "What else is new?" Frank replies.
    I also loved the use of classic 1980s song 867-5309/Jenny by Tommy Tutone to convey a coded message.
    This was an exciting episode and it leaves me excited to see the next one. :)  8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"