#8 See No Evil

Started by RoyalChief, February 22, 2019, 05:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalChief

What are your thoughts on this installment?  I got about 50 pages left and so far I am like "huh".  Not as good as #6 but OK I guess. 

MacGyver

I thought it was great! But then- I think they're all great!  :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

RoyalChief

Just finished.   It was ok I guess,  but I don't get why they called it "See no Evil".  Nobody was blind.   Maybe it was because they couldn't see that Lisa was a traitor?

tomswift2002

I think the title was referring to how the City Hall officials were turning a "blind eye" to the corruption going on in the City government. 

But this is only Part 1 of a 3-Part story. 

But I think "See No Evil" is way better than "Countdown To Terror".  SNE is #16 on my list, while CTT is at #33.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Really? Countdown to Terror I remember even more and I remember it as a favourite as a kid. But it's been a long while since I've read any Hardy Boys book actually.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

RoyalChief

Part 1 of 3?  What are the other two?? 

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on February 23, 2019, 09:45:04 PM
Really? Countdown to Terror I remember even more and I remember it as a favourite as a kid. But it's been a long while since I've read any Hardy Boys book actually.

I just re-read the OP's first post, and he meant "The Crowning Terror".  But either way, "The Crowning Terror" is only #100 on my list.

As for "See No Evil", it is #1 in the Bayport Corruption storyline. https://hardyboys.fandom.com/wiki/Bayport_Corruption_Storyline
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

CalvinKnox

I liked See No Evil, but I think I liked Line of Fire better.  I've never read Beyond the Law, but I do remember it being in the Meadowview Public School library in Navan, Ontario when I was in grade 3, they tore the school down the following year.

MacGyver

Beyond the Law is awesome!!! I've read it many times- this is definitely a favourite. :) 8)
(It's also one I got taken away from me for a year by a teacher when I got busted reading it in class as a kid.  :-[ ;D I was very glad to finally get it back at the end of the year.)

CalvinKnox

Lol, I used to get caught reading in class as well, a least mine were always school library books though.  Then I came to college in 2013 and everybody was on their phones during class ???