It seems like a lot of the Hardy Boys Casefiles . . .

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, May 30, 2011, 03:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on May 31, 2011, 04:38:35 PM
I would think you would learn about it in history class soon enough- it's been around since at least the end of the Civil War- I'm pretty sure that's when it was founded and some strains of it continue on today... it's even mentioned as the villian in a Sherlock Holmes story- The Five Orange Pips

I was homescholedl. So it wasn't in my history class. ;) The Great Game, the last episode of the new Sherlock TV series had five beeps in it. Is that like the five orange pips in the book?

MacGyver

I'm not sure that it's meant as a reference to that or not. I'd have to see the show.
And whether homeschooled or not, any American history class should teach something about the KKK in conjunction with a study on the Civil War and the Reconstruction period.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on May 31, 2011, 04:48:54 PM
I'm not sure that it's meant as a reference to that or not. I'd have to see the show.
And whether homeschooled or not, any American history class should teach something about the KKK in conjunction with a study on the Civil War and the Reconstruction period.

Oh yeah . . .It wasn't a very long read, Maybe a paragraph at the most. But I do remember something about it, now. :)

MacGyver

Okay- I figured you probably would've have had some mention of it somewhere- sure, it's not a nice or enjoyable thing to talk about, but it is part of history. And those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. (like in summer school. ;))
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on May 31, 2011, 04:57:00 PM
Okay- I figured you probably would've have had some mention of it somewhere- sure, it's not a nice or enjoyable thing to talk about, but it is part of history. And those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. (like in summer school. ;) )

Summer school is not fun! ::)

AlwaysAJoefan

Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

MacGyver

QuoteSummer school is not fun! 
Depends on what classes you have to take (I'm talking the college equivalent here- taking summer courses to speed your graduation or literally make the grade for scholarships- though either way, I'd still rather not be in school during summer.) So yeah- summer school is no fun, but Summer School is pretty fun (when edited). ;D 8)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on May 31, 2011, 08:52:11 PM
Depends on what classes you have to take (I'm talking the college equivalent here- taking summer courses to speed your graduation or literally make the grade for scholarships- though either way, I'd still rather not be in school during summer.) So yeah- summer school is no fun, but Summer School is pretty fun (when edited). ;D 8)

Yeah, it sure was! ;) ;D

MacGyver

Ah- so you've seen this Mark Harmon '80s movie classic then?

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: MacGyver on May 31, 2011, 08:52:11 PM

I've never had to do summer school, but it might happen. :-\

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on May 31, 2011, 08:56:07 PM
I've never had to do summer school, but it might happen. :-\

That's not cool. :o

Quote from: MacGyver on May 31, 2011, 08:55:08 PM
Ah- so you've seen this Mark Harmon '80s movie classic then?

Yeah. Not straight through, though. ::)

AlwaysAJoefan

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on May 31, 2011, 09:01:04 PM
Luckily, I don't think I'll have to. :)

That's great! You ever notice that when you say that you're homeschooled people look at you like you're weird? I had that all the time! ;D

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Katie on May 31, 2011, 09:03:35 PM
That's great! You ever notice that when you say that you're homeschooled people look at you like you're weird? I had that all the time! ;D

Yeah, but I give the look back! :)