The Hardy Boys - S3E3 - A Promise of Trouble

Started by SkyWarp, August 04, 2023, 12:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

This was a good episode for tying up a lot of loose story lines and transitioning us to finishing up the series. 

No woke junk, people are back to themselves (mostly) and now we can focus on what is up with Laura, Drew, and the new guy from last episode Cadmus Quill. 

Looking forward to the next episode.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to get through more than one per night with various other responsibilities.  That should change come Saturday I think. 

Looking back at my End of Season 2 notes....
QuoteAnyway, I am not sure where they can go from here.  I definitely like the cliffhanger with who Fenton found at the end of the story.  I am even interested in where the Abigail Owens story goes.  But honestly, I am not so sure about the actual main cliffhanger.  I am not sure I could watch more than one episode or two with this not resolved.  The real story at this point I think is the scrolls and relics.  Not the cliffhanger.  So if there is another season, I would hope we get that fixed up quickly.

I think things are heading in the right direction.

MacGyver

This was a great episode! It was good to get things resolved, peoples' lives getting restored for the most part and to see the episode focused on the story and not side plots of illicit sexual nature. I see that we still have the arrogance of Nancy Drew/"Drew Darrow", coupled with some rudeness from Joe Hardy as well. The interaction reminded of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew's interaction in the two crossover episodes with Pamela Sue Martin's Nancy   on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries.
I also wanted to note the use of 1980s music again with the use of Run to You by Bryan Adams (who is notably a Canadian musician, by the way. :-)) There was also Trooper's Raise a Little Hell, which is a 1978 song, so it's the right era anyway. That's also a Canadian band.
    I thought it was neat seeing the use of computers that are of the '80s era as well.
    I have also only been watching one episode a night generally and it's nice to elongate the viewing pleasure of new episodes. It's a shame to see it ending so soon.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"