Preventing Email Address from Showing

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, February 28, 2022, 03:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Can someone tell me how to remove email from public view? I don't want to allow all members to email me.

MacGyver

Quote from: Katie on February 28, 2022, 03:09:14 PMCan someone tell me how to remove email from public view? I don't want to allow all members to email me.
I'll email you about it. ;-)
Just kidding- your email's not on your profile for public view as far as I can tell. When I clicked on your profile it didn't show me your email address. I think the forum system just shows you that when you're logged in.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 28, 2022, 05:09:10 PMI'll email you about it. ;-)
Just kidding- your email's not on your profile for public view as far as I can tell. When I clicked on your profile it didn't show me your email address. I think the forum system just shows you that when you're logged in.
You don't have the email symbol under your name as I do.

MacGyver

Hmm- okay. I don't know about that then.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

SkyWarp

I am able to see everyone's email as an admin, including an email icon next to everyone's names on the left side of each post.  I have now commented out that function just for an extra sense of precaution. 

MacGyver

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SkyWarp on March 02, 2022, 10:54:02 PMI am able to see everyone's email as an admin, including an email icon next to everyone's names on the left side of each post.  I have now commented out that function just for an extra sense of precaution. 

Thank you. :)