19 Years

Started by tomswift2002, April 18, 2024, 10:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

I was just realizing that it's been 19 years since the final Hardy Boys Mystery Stories book was published in April 2005 (#190 Motocross Madness, hit store shelves March 2005).  It brought to an end a 78 year run for the series that started first appeared on book store shelves in May 1927.  If you count the revisions there were 228 stories in the series, plus the Detective Handbook, Ghost Stories, Campfire Stories, SuperSleuths! 1&2 and the 6-book "Be A Detective" series spun-off from the continuity, along with the 1950's Disney Mickey Mouse Club serials, the 1969-1971 cartoon (which influenced the revised 22 and even later Wanderer books) and the 1977-1979 Hardy Boys Nancy Drew Mysteries TV series.  Plus there was the aborted Casefiles-like direction that the series was trying to go with books 84 and 85 that was then spun-off into The Hardy Boys Casefiles and it's shared continuity with the Nancy Drew Files and it's spin-offs (such as River Heights that ties that whole continuity into the original Nancy Drew Mysteries continuity).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yep- that was the end of an era. The Hardy Boys world in the newer book series is quite different now.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"