CALLING ALL NETWORK FANS!

Started by tomswift2002, August 06, 2008, 04:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: FrankJoeATAC on October 12, 2008, 04:09:57 PM
I hope I get a chance to read a casefile sometime...

Take some advice from a guy who has read all 127, if you want to read a really good starter book for the series, read Thick As Thieves (Joe goes to Criminal Convention to help pull off the heist of the century) or Disaster For Hire (Fenton Hardy gets arrested for Blackmail and Murder, and the Hardys have to chase after an arsonist), or another book from between volume 1 & 66.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

Altough I haven't read all the casefiles, I have read read a lot, and can tell you right off the bat if you are going to read Thick As Thieves you need to read the Crowning Terror first. I didn't and part of the Crowning Terror was spoiled for me.

Also, to save you grief, do NOT read Countdown To Terror before Trouble In The Pipeline. Once again, altough I haven't read Trouble In Pipeline I already know the bad guy.

Lastly, read Dead On Target before Line Of Fire, you'll thank me later.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

FrankJoeATAC

Quote from: Bigfootman on October 12, 2008, 05:55:47 PM
Altough I haven't read all the casefiles, I have read read a lot, and can tell you right off the bat if you are going to read Thick As Thieves you need to read the Crowning Terror first. I didn't and part of the Crowning Terror was spoiled for me.

Also, to save you grief, do NOT read Countdown To Terror before Trouble In The Pipeline. Once again, altough I haven't read Trouble In Pipeline I already know the bad guy.

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 12, 2008, 05:40:15 PM
Take some advice from a guy who has read all 127, if you want to read a really good starter book for the series, read Thick As Thieves (Joe goes to Criminal Convention to help pull off the heist of the century) or Disaster For Hire (Fenton Hardy gets arrested for Blackmail and Murder, and the Hardys have to chase after an arsonist), or another book from between volume 1 & 66.

Thanks for the tips guys! :D

Bigfootman

You are welcome, and also read the Borderline Case, it's the best book in the series. And be sure to read:
In order!
Oh and don't forgot the OP trilogy!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

Quote from: Bigfootman on October 12, 2008, 05:55:47 PM

I would think that you would want to make sure that you had read See No Evil before Line Of Fire.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

bozonessinc

Hey tomswift,

Have you bought all of the books in the series... If so you must have a huge bookshelf.. Do you have all UB's too???

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 13, 2008, 01:17:34 PM
Hey tomswift,

Have you bought all of the books in the series... If so you must have a huge bookshelf.. Do you have all UB's too???

Actually I'm still missing a few Casefiles.  I actually got into the Casefiles back in 1995, right near the end of the series, and by that point, in 95, a lot of the early Casefiles had gone out of print.  But thanks to the interlibrary loan program at the local library I was able to read every book in the series. 

As for the UB's, I do have all of them, but they are more or less collectibles since eventually the UB"s will be discontinued and sent out of print and then it will be tricky to get all the books in 'new' condition. 

tomswift2002

Hopefully someday $&$ will get back to writing good Hardy Boys rather than the garbage that they are putting out now.

bozonessinc

Got them in plastic cases for when you can sell them or something.

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 13, 2008, 01:27:12 PM
Got them in plastic cases for when you can sell them or something.

No.   But I do keep them off the floor.

bozonessinc

But you could accidentally step on them.. You should frame them on the wall.

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 13, 2008, 01:31:47 PM
But you could accidentally step on them.. You should frame them on the wall.

They are on a double-lined, 8 book high book shelf (I've got it double lined, and then I've got about 8 books on top of every book).

bozonessinc

Oh I see.. You need frames though for the UBs.. Cause they are so good.

tomswift2002

Quote from: bozonessinc on October 13, 2008, 01:44:25 PM
Oh I see.. You need frames though for the UBs.. Cause they are so good.

The UB's are ugly and disgusting.  Infact, just recently I was putting Mylar protectors on the dustjackets to my Tom Swift and Hardy Boys (Applewood) books so that I don't lose the Dustjackets.  And it was the archival non-acidic Mylar protectors that I used.

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."