Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Collectorholics.com has some nice pictures of The Hardy Boys Mysteries lunchbox that was released in conjunction with the '70s show. :) 8) (You can buy it for about 25 dollars- not too bad a price for this collectible in nice shape.)

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Here is a picture of the other sides of the lunchbox, as well as a look at the insides, with the thermos in place.

I see we got the sweet van pictured on the bottom of the lunchbox, with a picture of Frank and Joe driving the van on the top- nice! And Frank and Joe adorn the sides. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

And here is a picture of The Nancy Drew Mysteries lunchbox.

MacGyver

MacGyver

Here is a picture of the Nancy Drew lunchbox with the thermos.

MacGyver

Here are some pictures of the sides of the Nancy Drew lunchbox.

And here's a nice close-up of the front. :) 8)

MacGyver

MacGyver

MacGyver

Apparently the Nancy Drew lunchbox used the same image on the front and back.

MacGyver

MacGyver

And I just found a picture of The Nancy Drew Mystery Activity Book by Tony Tallarico. :) 8)

MacGyver

I've been trying to find a picture of the top and bottom of the Nancy Drew lunchbox, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't look like there is any further artwork on either one. It looks like it is just a smooth red cover of paint there.
You can kinda see it in this picture.

It is neat to note that the Nancy Drew lunchbox seems to depict a scene from "The Mystery of Pirate's Cove", the first Nancy Drew episode of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, where Nancy and Ned are exploring at the base of the lighthouse. Also, the top scene shows Nancy struggling with a man, which seems to be the scene at the climax of the episode where Nancy is struggling with the villian at the top of a cliff.

For its part, The Hardy Boys lunchbox looks like it's depicting a scene from "The Mystery of the Haunted House", the first episode of the series, as well as the first to feature The Hardy Boys, where Frank and Joe are exploring "The Haunted House" club.

MacGyver

Here's a great comic book ad for ABC's 1970 Fall season, promoting the second season of The Hardy Boys cartoon series.

MacGyver

I mentioned actually finding a copy of the Frank Hardy action figure produced for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries at an antique store a while back in another thread (but not actually purchasing it as I couldn't afford the money). But anyway, I thought someone might enjoy this page with some nice pictures of the Joe Hardy action figure, both in box and out of the box.
(The blog seems to be based out of Mexico, so it's all in Spanish, but Google.com actually offers a Web site translator if you're interested in reading everything on the site in English. Or you can just look at the cool pictures! :) 8))

MacGyver

Not too surprisingly, while Shaun Cassidy had an official figure released in his likeness in the form of his Joe Hardy character on the '70s show, as pictured in the previous post, there have apparently also been knock-off figures made in his likeness as well. (Or at least capitalizing on his popularity.)