Season 3 Sound Clips

Started by hardygirl847, June 01, 2010, 10:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Quote from: MacGyver on December 10, 2010, 02:12:40 PM
Sorry- I couldn't resist a Baywatch joke- I did like Parker Stevenson's character pretty well on that show though. It was actually a pretty good show when it first started- somewhere along the line it did turn into more of the title of MAD Magazine's parody- "Babewatch" than anything else, so I didn't really watch it so much anymore. But I was cool with it up to about the mid-90s, when they started doing the Baywatch Nights spin-off. I used to watch that some too. It's amazing how long that show ran and the vast majority of it (save the first season on NBC) was in syndication! Mitch Buchanon and the lifeguard gang- ah yes! 'Cause I'm always there, I won't let you out of my sight! :) Of course, even so, David Hasselhoff will always be Michael Knight on the original classic Knight Rider to me. 8)

Lol I watched on Youtube some of Parker on Baywatch. I agree that it wasn't a bad show but it definitely was more about the beautiful people after awhile...if not the whole time. It has been on a LONG time...and I bet those tight, wet, read lifeguard "uniforms" have something to do with it! lol

Quote from: MacGyver on December 10, 2010, 02:20:02 PM
By the way, you can get a copy of Lifeguard on DVD at Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Lifeguard-Sam-Elliott/dp/B0008KLVBO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1292012307&sr=8-3

but new and used prices seem to be kinda high, so you might prefer just to use the "watch it now" option for 10 bucks.

Yeah I am in no hurry to own it. Parker was cute and all but it was mostly about Sam. Maybe one day...thanks for the heads up though.:)

Quote from: MacGyver on December 10, 2010, 05:13:02 PM
I just found this ABC promo from 1979 for a Season 3 episode of The Hardy Boys - it looks like it's "Defection to Paradise" (Parts 1 and 2)- I'm not sure which. Also included is a promo for a little remembered Andy Griffith show- Salvage 1. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhbWNhe1J2c&feature=related

Cool find! I haven't seen that episode (out of the 5 I have seen). So I am assuming you're right based on the promo info, etc. Thanks for sharing!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Just found a VERY quick promo clip for The Hardy Boys Season 3 "Life on the Line" episode from the original 1979 ABC airing! (along with a promo for the original 1970s classic, Battlestar Galactica -another Glen Larson masterpiece! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crU7SJ4pYUo
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

And here's a cool preview for the 1978 ABC fall season!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghVSRFEhEBE&feature=related
(And yes- The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries is touted for their Sunday offerings. But even with the start of the second season, I'm noticing that the show is just referred to as "The Hardy Boys" and Nancy Drew is not mentioned at all.
They just don't seem to do these kinds of promos anymore on the networks- and certainly not the cool promos that use popular songs, like the Still the One promo ABC borrowed from Orleans. It's fun watching these things when I find them on Youtube. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Cool! Makes me sad though thinking we may never see Season 3 on DVD. :( Yes, they dropped Nancy for the third season. I didn't like Pamela's replacement as much anyways.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Well, I meant that Nancy Drew was still a part of the show in the 2nd. Season and even on the promos for ABC of the premiere of the second season- they weren't even mentioning Nancy Drew here at all. (And I actually like Pamela Sue Martin and Janet Louise Johnson's portrayals of Nancy Drew.)
     But I just saw this today- two of the NBC Mystery Movie programs (both owned by Universal and both from the 1970s, I might add) are being released to DVD!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Snoop-Sisters-The-Complete-Series/14887
(The complete series of The Snoop Sisters on DVD)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/McMillan-Wife-Season-3/14888
(Season 3 of McMillan and Wife on DVD)

These are both through a Canadian company called VEI, but they are also making them available to the USA in Region 1, it seems.
Again- just something that makes me take notice and again wonder if Universal might be willing to at least let someone else release Season 3 of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries on DVD if they won't.

hardygirl847

Well that's interesting. I have never even heard of those so if they can come out, that could mean some kind of hope for Hardy Boys Season 3.

Seriously...WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR?! UGH!!

I know there are legal problems, etc...but still...COME ON!

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 06, 2011, 11:59:56 PM
Seriously...WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR?! UGH!!

Maybe..... GASP they think that nobody will buy it because they don't have anymore fans!!!!  :-[ :o :( :(
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

I would hope that sales for Seasons 1 and 2 would've proved that wrong... ???

hardygirl847

I know of a lot of people that email Universal weekly about this. So I can't see how they would think there wouldn't be any interest. If anything, they could make a limited amount if they thought that. But it's probably some legal issue.

tomswift2002

Well right now I'm waiting on Universal to release both Season 3's of The Hardy Boys and Seaquest 2032.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yep- and you can throw in Season 5 of Sliders while you're at it.

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on December 08, 2010, 09:06:59 AM

*Shaun was fun on the Oprah show. He seems like a really nice family oriented guy. The ladies went CRAZY for him and especially when he sang some of his songs. His smile is definitely the same. Everytime I saw his smile, I thought OMGosh IT'S JOE HARDY! lol I don't remember hearing about David though. Interesting. And obviously not a good thing.

I just found the video for that Medley that Shaun sang.  (http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Shaun-Cassidys-Greatest-Hits-Video)  Shaun still sounds as good as he does on his LP's, although you can tell that his voice has dropped a little bit due to time, and Oprah commented on how he hasn't performed any of those songs publicly in 30 years, and it's too bad that he doesn't come out with a new album that's in the Adult Contemporary vein.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Shaun Cassidy seems to be pretty grounded in what he's doing right now. He's tried his hand at singing and done some acting- but for the most part now he seems to like the behind-the-scenes stuff with producing and directing and writing.
And that's fine if that's what he enjoys. But you never know if he might like to dabble in music or acting again- I suppose it depends on what he's wanting to do. It just seems like his career has going in stages from one field to another.

hardygirl847

Yeah...that's what I got from his Oprah interview. He has a family and seems really happy. I'm not sure if his type of music would hit it big nowadays but I'm sure he could evolve too.

JoeHardyRocks

OH MY WORD I LOVED THAT!!!!
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."