The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers: The New Case Files

Started by tomswift2002, February 18, 2010, 06:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Just thought I'd let you all know that Nancy Drew Girl Detective: The New Case Files #2 A Vampire's Kiss (wow, that's a long title ;D)
will be released on December 21, 2010. I mention this in this particular thread because you can read a preview of the comic on Amazon.com's website (http://www.amazon.com/Nancy-Drew-New-Case-Files/dp/1597072338/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1290471475&sr=8-3#_)
and this includes the usual note from the editor at the end. And there are quite a few spoilers for both Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys in their upcoming titles! :)
And there's also a preview of The Smurfs #3 The Smurf King- which Papercutz has apparently been reprinting now. (In preparation for the August 3, 2011 CGI movie, no doubt.) The cool thing is that these are reprints of Peyo's original classics! So that makes it a pretty worthwhile collectible for Smurfs fans certainly. How very smurfy! ;D 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Bigfootman

the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew are finnaly crossing over in a GN! Awsome!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

hardygirl847

Personally, I don't think you're missing much. I would have to see this in person to make a final judgment. I'm not a fan of the preview via Amazon.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Well, I looked at in Google Chrome and, while I wasn't very interested in the preview of the story, I was very interested in back pages. The third title in the Nancy Drew: The New Case Files is going to be a crossover with the Hardy boys! And, now, I think I know why they're calling these series "The New Case Files" - they like the original Casefiles are game-changers for their characters.

hardygirl847

Ah yes, game changers for sure! That's a good phrase. First in the original Casefiles, Iola is killed spiraling many different issues. In this new series, the boys start off on edge and end up breaking up for an unknown amount of time. How is this going to affect their cases, their big case with Nancy Drew, and personal/home life?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

SPOILERS follow!

Plus, in both the Nancy Drew Files and now in the Nancy Drew: The New Case Files Nancy breaks-up with Ned.

hardygirl847

That could be a bad thing! I don't want her with Frank! Or Joe.

MacGyver

I might be wrong, but I thought they were already kind of playing around with that in the UB Supermysteries anyway.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on December 12, 2010, 04:07:42 AM
That could be a bad thing! I don't want her with Frank! Or Joe.

Your in the minority, though.

MacGyver

hardygirl847

Minority...yeah I know. A lot of people want that to happen. I don't mind if they flirt with the idea, but HBs are not about romance. Sure there's a little here and there...but it's about action and adventure. Oh yeah...and mystery. :)

SDLagent

Well, keep in kind that the new crossover is taking place in a Nancy Drew title and that series has been known to have a bit more romance than The Hardy Boys proper.

Olivia

I prefer if they focus on the mystery and action too, but I'm not really against "that" certain pairing.

Maybe everyone should stay single. Belinda, Callie, Vanessa and Ned are all dead weights, anyway. Placeholders. (Half-kidding).