The Hardy Boys - S1E10 - The Secret Room

Started by SkyWarp, December 06, 2020, 11:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

I actually like this show a lot.  At this point, as long as we don't have a really bad ending, I can't see how I could not like this show as a whole. 

With that said, there are some things I think they could have done differently or better, but overall this show is pretty good.

In this episode, we see Callie do Callie stuff.  In other words, she goes off on her own snooping around and spying/investigating on others, specifically one person.

This episode also takes us full fledge down the Indiana Jones or Tomb Raider fantasy route.  At this point it would be hard to dismiss things as being anything but.  With that said, its not crazy over the top stuff though (like the CW Nancy Drew show).

SPOILER WARNING

Chet breaks up with Callie.  We saw that coming, but Callie also saw (out of context) Frank get kissed by the "new" girl in town.  We can't give away all the spoilers, so you have to watch to understand. 

On a side note, this episode made me think of the Nintendo Video game series, Zelda.  I feel like we have a Tri-Force we are running around trying to put together.  The more I think about it, the more this whole thing seems very much like a Zelda game just in the 1980's real world instead of Hyrule.   Hmmmm, we just need to figure out who Ganon is and defeat Ganon so Link and Zelda can live happily ever after.  :)

MacGyver

Here are my observations from this episode. Again, I am loving all the 1980s references. Stacy is seen using a Walkman, Callie has a see through telephone and JB's radio plays One Thing Leads to Another by The Fixx.
The idea is floated that maybe there is a cop at the school posing as a high school students. Perhaps a slight reference to late '80s Fox show 21 Jump Street?
     Things are definitely starting to head toward the conclusion it seems as the storyline keeps developing rapidly. There are some tensions going between friends- Frank and Chet, Chet and Callie, Frank and Stacy and even Frank and Joe for a while.
    I really can't wait to get into the next episode! :) 8)
Though I still have some qualms and questions on things, overall I really love this show!
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SkyWarp

I've added the characters, places, and things of this episode to the encyclopedia.