The Hardy Boys - S1E9 - The Key

Started by SkyWarp, December 06, 2020, 03:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Quote from: Katie on December 17, 2020, 08:50:18 PM

Would you say Tom Swift is kind of like the new MacGyver?

No. The original Tom Swift, Sr. and Tom Swift, Jr. characters might be something like the original MacGyver in a vague manner, I suppose. The only real similarities I can see is a high moral character and an interest in science. MacGyver is not usually constantly inventing brand new things like Tom Swift though. Mac mainly just uses scientific knowhow to get out of jams.

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Quote from: tomswift2002 on December 17, 2020, 09:58:09 PM
I'm not too pleased that they are making Tom Swift gay. 

But with both Tom Swift and the Bobbsey Twins they are public domain characters.
Definitely agreed on that. But yeah- both are in the public domain now, so unfortunately, those mischaracterizations can happen. :(
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SkyWarp

So the Westdale Theater as featured in the tv show is an actual place:  https://goo.gl/maps/Mk3JysQTiZWu7wHv6