Hulu Developing Hardy Boys series

Started by Bigfootman, September 26, 2019, 09:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

I don't know. The show may draw some inspiration from the Casefiles but already the ages are wrong, along with the setting. The age factor particularly throws off much chance of them having the kind of adventures Frank and Joe have in the Casefiles books.
    The best answer is that we'll just have to wait and see.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Raven

So according to IMDB, Biff Hooper is a girl, and Chet is black. The promo poster says all 13 episodes will be available on 4th December.

The way I see it, the use of Casefiles logo is to draw the Hardy Boys fans, and it is a recognizable logo.

SkyWarp

Quote from: Katie on November 10, 2020, 10:46:49 PM
Why are they using the Casefile logo, then, if this isn't a Casefile series?

Either because they knew it would be recognizable to Casefiles fans and wanted to get their attention or it was just easier to not create a brand new logo and they liked this one the best.  Or both. 

And honestly, there aren't really many other logos per say.  They are just words spread out over a long distance on the cover.  That doesn't work so well for a logo. Hmmmmm, maybe I should try to get all the logos in one place so we can see them together. 

MacGyver

They are some recognizable Hardy Boys logos and artwork from the various series- and even more if you look internationally. I feel sure the Casefiles logo fit best with the tone they were trying to hit.

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Quote from: Raven on November 11, 2020, 04:06:43 AM
So according to IMDB, Biff Hooper is a girl, and Chet is black. The promo poster says all 13 episodes will be available on 4th December.

The way I see it, the use of Casefiles logo is to draw the Hardy Boys fans, and it is a recognizable logo.

Thanks for this tidbit. I can't say I'm surprised. I wish TV shows would just stick to the books. If the show wanted to have more female characters, why not utilize already existing ones like Iola Morton? (And if this is supposed to be set in the Casefiles universe, there are also Vanessa Bender and Liz Webber.)
   And if the show was going to have a black character, it would have been nice to see Jamal Hawkins appear, even though he only appeared in the Digests.
Of course, if the show is making an amalgamation, it would be really cool to see Pete Jones show up from the cartoon series.
   I see that Callie Shaw is appearing on the show, along with Aunt Gertrude, though she's listed as Trudy Hardy, in keeping with the Undercover Brothers/Adventures books. And Phil Cohen is in it too but the actor doesn't seem to be Jewish.
    It is at least nice that most of The Hardy Boys' chums are making an appearance. I just hope the storylines are decent, even with all the changes.

tomswift2002

When you think of logos, the Grosset & Dunlap series used a number of variations of the boys profile from 1933-1987 (from 1927-1932 it was a shield on the red binginds then the brown bindings from 1933-1962 had the lightning logo).  Wanderer has the window logo and the "Swamp Monster" logo, and then they started the "bookmark" style logo (1985-1996).  The Minstrel books had the Circle logo that ran from #136-160 (1996-2000), then the remaining books had the file folder logo.

The Casefiles has 3 logos, the "stretched Y" logo as I call it (1987-1995, #'s 1-104), the 1995 TV "scribble" logo (1995-1997, #'s105-121) and finally the "stamp" logo (1997-1998, #'s122-127). 

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 11, 2020, 05:57:40 PM
The Casefiles has 3 logos, the "stretched Y" logo as I call it (1987-1995, #'s 1-104), the 1995 TV "scribble" logo (1995-1997, #'s105-121) and finally the "stamp" logo (1997-1998, #'s122-127).

And of course the "squibble" logo is what was used for the tv show last time by the same company as this time around. 

tomswift2002

I think the "scribble" logo might've been designed and made by Nelvana and then S&S used it for marketing.  I'll have to look at a copyright page from one of those books, but I think besides photo credit they also get logo credit.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I just checked. Starting in #107 Fast Break, Nelvana gets a credit on the copyright page for the logo as well as the cover photograph.

SkyWarp

Here are couple behind the scenes and promotional videos for the show:

The Hardy Boys Actors try to escape from a real Escape Room They also compare the show to Indiana Jones at the end of this video.

Behind the Scenes Set Tour

MacGyver

Thanks for the links. I've watched those. They're short but fun. :) 8)

Raven

Quote from: SkyWarp on December 29, 2020, 05:08:42 PM
Here are couple behind the scenes and promotional videos for the show:

The Hardy Boys Actors try to escape from a real Escape Room They also compare the show to Indiana Jones at the end of this video.

Behind the Scenes Set Tour
I hope these will be included as Bonus Features in the DVDs.

MacGyver

Agreed. Of course, I also hope there will even be a DVD release of this series.