Favorite MUX Book?

Started by tomswift2002, January 20, 2021, 08:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your Favorite Casefile featuring MUX?

# 21 Street Spies by Susan & Bill Albert
2 (40%)
# 37 Danger Zone by Peter Lerangis
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 4

tomswift2002

So the MUX story arc is an unresolved story arc, with only 2 books being released, just like the Charity story arc only had 2 books.  And as far as I know MUX never returned in the SuperMystery'88 series, and I have no idea if Nancy Drew ever battled them in the Files—-although MUX would've made an interesting enemy for Tom Swift!  So which MUX book is your Favorite?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

SkyWarp

Quote from: Katie on January 20, 2021, 09:09:57 PM
What are they?

He put them in the poll at the top of this topic. :)

# 21 Street Spies by Susan & Bill Albert
# 37 Danger Zone by Peter Lerangis

MacGyver

Both are great books! MUX was an interesting addition to the Casefiles. The group was a villain that could be used at times so that every terrorist/criminal group the Hardy Boys faced wasn't always the Assassins. (That group makes for a great arch enemy but it can get old if they get overused.)
     It's hard for me to choose because I like both #21 and #37 in the series, but I haven't read either in years. I tend to lean towards Street Spies, since that's where MUX was introduced and the story was pretty interesting to me. (Also, of a random note, the particular copy I have of that book notes on the front cover that it was printed in Canada! :) 8))
   I also love the international intrigue aspect of Danger Zone though. And the title is also the title of Kenny Loggins' hit song from Top Gun. And there are some great lines of dialogue in this book, along with the other. (I can actually still remember some favourite one-liners right now, even though I haven't read either book in years.)
   So yeah- both are great!
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Raven

Quote from: Katie on January 20, 2021, 09:09:57 PM
What are they?
It's a technology company with shady business dealings and unknown ownership. I remember MUX is possibly an abbreviation for 'multiplexer.'

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 20, 2021, 08:50:04 PM
So the MUX story arc is an unresolved story arc, with only 2 books being released, just like the Charity story arc only had 2 books.  And as far as I know MUX never returned in the SuperMystery'88 series, and I have no idea if Nancy Drew ever battled them in the Files—-although MUX would've made an interesting enemy for Tom Swift!  So which MUX book is your Favorite?
I read all the Nancy Drew Files and I don't remember MUX being mentioned in any of the books.