Author Topic: Top Ten Casefiles  (Read 31432 times)

Offline goldie3

• Corporal
  • I'm a Hardy Fan!
Re: Top Ten Casefiles
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2017, 10:41:50 AM »
Skyfire puzzle is a mystery/digest and not a case file.

I actually enjoy Rick Oliver casefiles a lot. I feel he gets Frank and Joe, the characters and their banter, their brotherly chemistry and care, just right. Plus, usually, his books have the brothers actually solving cases, with good amount of action. Him and Larry garmon are my favorite authors of the casefiles.

Offline Bigfootman

• Aka, Dinosaur Dan
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Over 140 HB and ND books
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2017, 10:52:32 AM »
Skyfire puzzle is a mystery/digest and not a case file.

I actually enjoy Rick Oliver casefiles a lot. I feel he gets Frank and Joe, the characters and their banter, their brotherly chemistry and care, just right. Plus, usually, his books have the brothers actually solving cases, with good amount of action. Him and Larry garmon are my favorite authors of the casefiles.
"The Skyfire Puzzle" was actually the second book in the Casefile format, "Revenge of the Desert Phantom" was the first. It's been covered in other topics, but basicly those two books were an early attempt to make darker Hardy Boys books. From what I remember they sold well, but not well enough for the third book to get published. (Mystery of the Silver Star was its replacement) Instead, we got the Hardy Boys Casefiles.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 11:38:43 AM by Bigfootman »

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
  • The Hardy Boys catch the Gremlin of The Bangles...
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2017, 11:54:19 PM »
Technicality. I still prefer to classify "The Skyfire Puzzle" and "Revenge of the Desert Phantom" as part of the Original/Digest series because they are numbered as part of that series. But I can see the argument for them being prototype Casefiles, though it still seems weird to me to list them with others. But whatever. It might be interesting to do a Top 10 list of the Originals/Digests and compare it to a Top 10 for the Casefiles and any other series of interest.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Offline Katie

• Lieutenant General
    • AO3
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2017, 11:14:15 AM »
What universe would the "The Skyfire Puzzle" and "Revenge of the Desert Phantom" be in? I think the "The Crisscross Crime" should be there as well.
“If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ”
― Mary Engelbreit