Author Topic: Graphic Novel #13  (Read 13239 times)

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
    • Trevor Thurlow Productions - Video Production and Transfers
Graphic Novel #13
« on: October 02, 2007, 05:35:07 PM »
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Offline Sam Spade

• General of the Forum
Re: Graphic Novel #13
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 11:30:39 PM »
Wikipedia also has The Amazing Case of Lind'z Rider listed.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 06:20:41 PM »
Amazon.com isn't listing the book yet, however, Amazon.ca is listing the book by the same title.  It is really odd that Papercutz lists the books in Canada first before they list it in the US.  I wonder if the graphic novels are selling better in Canada than the US, so they list in Canada first?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Offline Centrion

• Silver Centurion
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 07:17:30 PM »
 Anyone knows what Lind'z Rider means?
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Offline Sam Spade

• General of the Forum
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 10:50:13 PM »
Wikipedia also has The Amazing Case of Lind'z Rider listed.

On Wikipedia's main page for The Hardy Boys, in the Undercover Brothers section, #13 is listed as The Deadliest Stunt, but on Wikipedia's official "Undercover Brothers" page, it's still listed as The Amazing Case of Lind'z Rider... :-\

Here's some links! :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hardy_Boys
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undercover_Brothers
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 12:33:22 AM by Sam Spade »
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 02:58:12 PM »
Amazon.com is now listing the book as The Deadliest Stunt, however, both Amazon.ca and Chapters.ca are still listing the book by the Lind'z Rider title.  Here's a wild thought, but maybe in Canada the book is going to have a different title from its American counterpart?

Offline SkyWarp

• The Master of Mr. Pizza
  • Chief Enforcement Officer
  • Captain
    • Hardy Boys Encyclopedia
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 06:17:59 PM »
It is really odd that Papercutz lists the books in Canada first before they list it in the US.

Comic book (and I would assume Graphic Novels too) are being printed in Canada and China more often all the time.  You might be hardpressed to find someone printing their comics in the United States unless they are doing a HUGE number of copies (ie DC, Marvel). 

Offline Centrion

• Silver Centurion
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 11:47:48 AM »
Hmm, Maybe the Comic will have a different name in different countries (Lind'z Rider, Deadliest Stunt). Should be interesting.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 07:09:17 PM »
Hmm, Maybe the Comic will have a different name in different countries (Lind'z Rider, Deadliest Stunt). Should be interesting.

And if it is, then that will be a first for a Hardy Boys book.  And I'm counting the Anglicizing of the titles done in the 1950's to the 1970's in England.

Offline Centrion

• Silver Centurion
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 09:07:14 PM »
Yeah, but hey, there's a first time for everything.
-Frank
-Joe

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 07:47:46 PM »
Book Description

When a mysterious saboteur infiltrates the Miss Teen Stunt Americana competition, Joe and Frank are assigned to back up one of the contestants... Lind'Z Rider, the most flamboyant and impulsive A.T.A.C. agent ever!  As if the competition stunts weren?t dangerous enough, Frank and Joe must stop the saboteur before someone dies!

I guess we now know where the first title for #13, The Amazing Case of Lind'Z Rider came from.  Looks like Lind'Z is an ATAC agent.  Oh, boy, not another ATAC oriented story again.  Do the Hardy's have nothing else to do than to solve cases for ATAC?

Offline Centrion

• Silver Centurion
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 05:19:10 PM »
Yeah, they should include some non-ATAC missions. I think the only one not ATAC was Ocean of Osyria, and A Hardy's Day Night, and even that was ATAC oriented.
-Frank
-Joe

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 07:18:13 PM »
The only non-ATAC stories in the graphic novels so far have been The Ocean of Osyria and The Opposite Numbers.  GN #7 had the boys on a train heading to an ATAC assignment that was revealed in #8, but #7 dealt with introducing WARD.

Offline Centrion

• Silver Centurion
  • First Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 03:59:33 PM »
Ah, thats right, how could I forget WARD!?
-Frank
-Joe

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 03:21:12 PM »
Just received my copy today.  The finally updated the ad in the back for the Nancy Drew PC series to White Wolf, there's a lot of talk about Bionicle, and the ad for the main Undercover Brothers series is still advertising #13 The Mummy's Curse as being available in December 2006.