Author Topic: The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!  (Read 189933 times)

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
    • Trevor Thurlow Productions - Video Production and Transfers
Re: The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!
« Reply #1755 on: June 17, 2013, 04:24:42 AM »
Alright, so that means it's either one of the two Tom Swift ones or one of the Super Mysteries. I haven't read and don't have the two Tom Swift books and I only have a few of the Super Mysteries and haven't read many. Since your trivia question talked about French, it might mean they're in France, or maybe not, but, I know the titles of the Super Mysteries, and although I don't have this particular title, I'm wondering if maybe the answer is in the book The Paris Connection? Well, even though I don't have the answer right away, I'm enjoying the mystery, tomswift2002! :) And as you can tell, I'm really trying to figure it out! :)

You are so cold with that answer, but it's not from either of those series or TPC.  But it is from a mystery set in France.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Offline Hardy Sleuth

• Stands and Keeps with Israel
  • Captain
  • I'm a serious Hardy Fan! With a sense of humor! ;D
    • My Hardy Boys story, Home Team Wins, on Wattpad
« Reply #1756 on: June 17, 2013, 02:33:07 PM »
It's from either the 70s or 90s TV show?
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
« Reply #1757 on: June 17, 2013, 04:47:14 PM »
It's from either the 70s or 90s TV show?

You're getting warmer.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Offline Hardy Sleuth

• Captain
« Reply #1758 on: June 17, 2013, 06:45:19 PM »
I don't have the series, but I did a search for titles and info, I remember reading on here that they were in France for a mystery there in the 90s series. Is it from the episode called The Last Laugh?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:06:22 PM by Hardy Sleuth »
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
« Reply #1759 on: June 18, 2013, 08:44:10 PM »
You're getting closer.

Offline Hardy Sleuth

• Captain
« Reply #1760 on: June 18, 2013, 11:05:50 PM »
You're getting closer.

So anyone who has this episode (I don't) will be able to answer this trivia question and win the game! 8)

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
  • The Hardy Boys catch the Gremlin of The Bangles...
« Reply #1761 on: June 19, 2013, 09:06:09 AM »
When I first saw this question, I immediately thought of Evil, Inc., since that book is set in France as well. But when tomswift2002 mentioned that it was "sort of" from the Casefiles, then I started thinking the 1990s show, which also had some episodes set in France. And I'm pretty sure I recall the scene he's talking about. However, I don't recall what Frank's comparison was right now... if and when I get a chance, I can pull out my DVD set at home and check though.... :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
« Reply #1762 on: June 19, 2013, 05:11:02 PM »
Sounds like I've stumped you guys.

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #1763 on: September 05, 2013, 04:19:19 PM »
Yay for reviving an old thread! I finally remembered to sit down and watch through this episode- Frank's comparison to Joe expecting every French person to carry a French baguette is "like expecting every American to be packing a gun."
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
« Reply #1764 on: September 07, 2013, 05:10:15 PM »
Yay for reviving an old thread! I finally remembered to sit down and watch through this episode- Frank's comparison to Joe expecting every French person to carry a French baguette is "like expecting every American to be packing a gun."

Well, I think we can definitely say that this was a stumper of a question.  But, yes, it is a gun.  Your turn MacGyver.

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #1765 on: September 08, 2013, 12:07:57 AM »
Yeah, good question, man. I'll have to think of another good one now.... hmm..... :)  ;)

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #1766 on: September 08, 2013, 01:11:30 AM »
What's the original name of the Tabors' housekeeper that Frank and Joe met while solving a mystery for them?

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
« Reply #1767 on: September 08, 2013, 11:53:15 AM »
What's the original name of the Tabors' housekeeper that Frank and Joe met while solving a mystery for them?

This is an easy one, but I'll see if someone else can get it.

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #1768 on: September 08, 2013, 06:01:37 PM »
Okay- cool. Thanks for giving others a shot first.  :) 8)

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #1769 on: September 10, 2013, 01:23:54 PM »
Any takers?....