Author Topic: What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?  (Read 15451 times)

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
  • The Hardy Boys catch the Gremlin of The Bangles...
Re: What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2013, 01:06:11 PM »
Awesome!  :) 8) I love the Hardy Boys graphic novels- by far, the best thing to come out of the whole Undercover Brothers era, I think.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Offline thehardyboysrock

• Private Gumshoe
  • I LOVE THE HARDY BOYS!!!
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2013, 03:50:45 PM »
That action figure is really cool!!!! It really is to bad it cost $45 :( have you found another one yet
When you get an idea not even heavy explosives can jar it loose.Wait, I'll get my gear.If your going to get killed I don't want to be left alive to explain to mom and dad. :)

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2013, 04:16:20 PM »
Oh, sure- they show up fairly often on Ebay and apparently every now and then at your local antique malls. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Offline thehardyboysrock

• Private Gumshoe
  • I LOVE THE HARDY BOYS!!!
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2013, 09:08:34 PM »
good to know thanks ;)
When you get an idea not even heavy explosives can jar it loose.Wait, I'll get my gear.If your going to get killed I don't want to be left alive to explain to mom and dad. :)

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2013, 08:32:06 AM »
No problem. :) 8)

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2013, 03:17:13 PM »
So, you all remember this post?...

And, much as I'd like to say this now sits on my bookshelf with all of my Hardy Boys books- no, I didn't actually buy this one. I just couldn't really spend $45 on an action figure, even though it is the Frank Hardy action figure made by Kenner as a tie in to The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries.   (And still in the box, no less- though the box is definitely pretty bent up.) (And as I know I've said before, I'm both a huge fan of The Hardy Boys books and this 1970s TV show version in particular- so it was really quite exciting for me to find this.) I saw this at an antique mall a few weeks back and I was ecstatic to find it! It was really cool to at least be able to look at it up close and hold it, but I just really couldn't afford to shell out that kind of money on a collectible, even a cool one like this. Still, it was neat to find it and take pictures of it. I will post some more later on.

Well, I've got another cool and exciting find like that to share....... I'll post about it soon- once I get the pictures ready... 

Okay- finally getting around to posting these pictures. Enjoy! :) 8)
About a month or two back, I actually found the Joe Hardy action figure from Kenner! Yay! (And at the same antique mall too- wow! Of course, again- I'm not going to pay $50 for it.) So now I've found both of The Hardy Boys action figure tie-ins to The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. :D It is a cool collectible, but honestly- it's not like I'm going to really pull it out and play with it- so, I just don't want to spend a ton of money for something that will just sit on display on a bookshelf and gather dust. But it was really cool to find it- I was pretty ecstatic for that. And I took some pictures of it to remember it.

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2013, 03:19:57 PM »

« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:45:17 PM by MacGyver »

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2013, 03:50:09 PM »

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2013, 03:53:02 PM »
Okay- there are all of my pictures for the action figure. Unfortunately, I guess Kenner never did a Nancy Drew action figure based on Pamela Sue Martin- that would have been nice to add to this collection. Oh well- Nancy has gotten other dolls though.

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2013, 08:17:15 PM »
Grosset & Dunlap hardback copies of The Secret of Wildcat Swamp, The Clue of the Hissing Serpent and Danger on Vampire Trail- I've had other copies of all three of these books, but I didn't have a PC version and I've been trying to get all of those for The Hardy Boys where and when I can. :) 8)

Offline kosmicdust

• Master Sergeant
    • The premier guide to the British & Commonwealth editions...
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »
For whomever may be interested, I've just added three auctions to eBay, containing an assorted selection of the British Casefiles paperbacks, with cover art by Richard Jones:

www.ebay.com/itm/290996855283

www.ebay.com/itm/290996869845
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290996875249

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2013, 03:23:47 PM »
Ebay is a great way to build your Hardy Boys collection! :) 8)
Another good way is library sales! Woohoo! :) 8)
My local library just had one of their sales last weekend and so I picked up a few good books. For The Hardy Boys, I got a different copy of The Secret of Wildcat Swamp (newer printing and in better condition- I will probably decide which one I want to keep, as I mentioned I got a copy of this a while back and then sell or give away the other.)

Offline Hardy

• Stands and Keeps with Israel
  • Captain
  • I'm a serious Hardy Fan! With a sense of humor! ;D
    • My Hardy Boys story, Home Team Wins, on Wattpad
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2013, 06:56:21 PM »
That's great you got  The Secret of Wildcat Swamp in better condition , MacGyver! 8) I love library sales! ;D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2013, 08:32:54 PM »
Oh, yeah- me too. I love library sales- I almost always find something good (and for cheap too). :)  8)