Author Topic: The "Hardy Men" is still in development  (Read 32 times)

Offline Bigfootman

• Aka, Dinosaur Dan
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Over 140 HB and ND books
The "Hardy Men" is still in development
« on: November 16, 2017, 09:44:37 PM »
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/james-franco-x-men-movie-multiple-man-1202616603/
"Jeremy Kramer will oversee the movie for Fox, if the deals go through. Franco and Kinberg have been developing Fox’s “The Hardy Men” as a potential starring vehicle for both James and Dave Franco, who would portray the grown-up versions of The Hardy Boys."
Was hoping this was cancelled. (The "Multiple Man" movie sounds terrible too)

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
  • The Hardy Boys catch the Gremlin of The Bangles...
Re: The "Hardy Men" is still in development
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 01:20:28 AM »
What happened to Ben Stiller and Tom Cruise?.......... Well, this thing has been talked about for at least a good decade now- yeah, hopefully it will eventually just be cancelled for good. I can't imagine anything good will come of it.
As to the X-Men movies planned- I'm definitely interested in the Dark Phoenix movie. New Mutants might make for an interesting one-off, though I'm not super familiar with this group nor do I care that much about them. Gambit might carry a movie by himself........but I honestly don't think he's nearly that popular of a character to do so. And a rather little known to the general public character like Multiple Man headlining a movie? I really don't see that happening.....
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
    • Trevor Thurlow Productions - Video Production and Transfers
Re: The "Hardy Men" is still in development
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:55:17 AM »
More like 2 decades.  The first news came out around 2000, 17 years ago!
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca