Author Topic: Hardy Boys Adventures #4 Into Thin Air  (Read 8187 times)

Offline VLoneWolf

• Sergeant Major
  • I'm a Hardy Fan!
Re: Hardy Boys Adventures #4 Into Thin Air
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 04:12:19 PM »
It sounds like a good idea to include classic stuff in the book covers

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
    • Trevor Thurlow Productions - Video Production and Transfers
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 05:33:35 PM »
The cover for Thin Air has been reminding of the 1993 Armada cover of "The Secret Of The Old Mill".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
  • The Hardy Boys catch the Gremlin of The Bangles...
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 09:20:45 AM »
Yeah, I can definitely see that.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 09:37:09 AM »
It also looks reminiscent of The Demolition Mission and The Lure of the Italian Treasure (#112 and #157 in the original series, respectively). But it's mainly just that scenario of the Hardy Boys being run off the road- that part is classic Hardy Boys adventure and mystery to me- I know I've read that happening a large number of times throughout the various series......
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Offline Judah-Ben-Hur

• Master Gunnery Sergeant
  • Being a Librarian is awesome.
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 06:09:42 PM »
I've guessing by the looks of it that the box set is just paperbacks...  :P
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 08:25:48 PM »
Probably so... but it's possible there could be a hardback box set put out too....

Offline Lungbarrow

• Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 06:04:57 AM »
The Simon and Schuster website only mentions the box set as being available in paperback at the moment.
--
-PjH.
--

Offline Judah-Ben-Hur

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 07:42:22 AM »
Phooey. Thank guys.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 09:27:48 AM »
Ah- there's the official word then. Oh well- a paperback boxed set is still nice too. But I guess if you strictly wanted a hardback set, yeah- that's too bad. I know Simon & Schuster has done a boxed set in recent years of the first few Grossett & Dunlap titles (i.e. The Tower Treasure through The Shore Road Mystery I believe, all revised text of course. I'm pretty sure Applewood put out a boxed set of hardbacks with perhaps that same listing of titles or maybe it was a few more and those are the original text reprints at that!)
      I'm thinking maybe there was a set like this done for the Wanderer hardbacks?.......

Offline Judah-Ben-Hur

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 07:10:46 PM »
Wanderer did Paperback box sets (not unlike the ones UB/GD did) for both Nancy Drew and the Hardys but I've never seen an example in hardback. I was under the impression the hardbacks were sold similarly in the same fashion the current series is (special order/library only).

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 09:06:58 PM »
The box sets for the first six hardcover books have been put out by Grosset & Dunlap with little to no input from Simon & Schuster.  As far as I'm aware, as long as G&D don't touch the covers or story, S&S couldn't care less how the books are sold.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Offline Judah-Ben-Hur

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 07:00:53 AM »
That's probably why the Flashlight book haven't changed in appearance since they removed those ugly amulet endpapers since the late 80s. S&S would have to approve any big changes or special works. That doesn't mean it won't happen, publishing digests under the flashlight binding, The double volume sets, the 'BEST OF' 3-in-1 sets from a few years back, the brief change of cover texture on flashlights, and Old Clock's usual anniversary editions are all new changes within the last 10 years.

Offline SkyWarp

• The Master of Mr. Pizza
  • Chief Enforcement Officer
  • Captain
    • Hardy Boys Encyclopedia
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 08:19:00 PM »
I notice my "Into Thin Air" book mistakenly says that the first Aladdin paperback edition was October 2103 (instead of 2013). Everyone else's say the same thing?

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2013, 01:14:38 PM »
Whoa! This is heavy, Doc! :)  8)
Lol- haven't seen that. I haven't bought a copy yet- maybe I will do that today. Maybe I can also get a copy Doc Brown and Marty McFly brought back from the future!   ;D

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2013, 06:31:55 PM »
My copies of both hardcover and paperback are still on order.