Author Topic: Edge of Destruction  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Katie

• Lieutenant General
    • AO3
Re: Edge of Destruction
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 02:26:37 PM »
Yep- another media format now gone and forgotten. And there were 16mm slides and projectors before Beta tapes....

Really . . .? ???
“If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ”
― Mary Engelbreit

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
  • The Hardy Boys catch the Gremlin of The Bangles...
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »
yup yup...

there's nothing new under the sun (Ecclesiastes 1:9) :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Offline P. Walker

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • I'm a Hardy Fan!
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 08:02:48 PM »
Nothing, I guess, I was just pointing a few things out. :-[ Wow, what a history lesson. Thanks. ;D 8) Never knew all that. :o

how old are you? I guess that kind of a rant doesnt bother me b/c i grew up during that time and remember what we did and didnt have tech wise. And with regards to cellphones: do they work that well underground?

Anyway, Edge of Destruction, Ive just finished rereading it, is kinda average. Theres a lot going on, but its not really that interesting IMO. I did like Trask though and that one-on-three fight. When the book came in yesterday via Amazon, I knew I'd read it before just based on the familiarity of the cover but other than that I'd forgotten a lot of the plot points. I actually had to force myself to finish it just so i can start on The Crowning Terror, which came in the mail today. (now I just hope that the Amazon seller can go ahead and send out #11 and 13 really fast)

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
    • Trevor Thurlow Productions - Video Production and Transfers
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 09:29:41 PM »
I still remember my teachers using 8mm film reels to show us educational films as late as 1999.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Offline P. Walker

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • I'm a Hardy Fan!
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 11:58:57 PM »
I still remember my teachers using 8mm film reels to show us educational films as late as 1999.

i remember those...we used to watch episodes of the old Curious George cartoons on those when i was in 2nd grade.

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
  • The Hardy Boys catch the Gremlin of The Bangles...
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 10:50:28 AM »
I always liked Edge of Destruction- I particularly thought the literal underground movement was a pretty interesting aspect of the story. I think this may well be the first of The Hardy Boys Casefiles that I ever read- I remember seeing this in a bookstore and asking my father for it, primarily being attracted to it because of Frank and Joe climbing out of a manhole on the cover, which immediately made me think of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. ;D :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Offline Bigfootman

• Aka, Dinosaur Dan
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Over 140 HB and ND books
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 05:06:06 PM »
Edge of Destruction was a good book. I like that there was a lot of action.

Offline NZone

• Joint Chiefs of Staff
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 01:59:39 AM »
I liked the huge anticlimax.
Vicariously I live while the whole world dies

Offline AlwaysAJoefan

• NIC #1, AIC #7, & ARIC #2
  • General
  • I am my own person, and nothing will change that.
    • My FanFiction ;)
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 10:07:28 PM »
I loved Edge of Destruction. Definitely in my top 7. :D
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...