Author Topic: Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show  (Read 80502 times)

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
    • Trevor Thurlow Productions - Video Production and Transfers
Re: Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show
« Reply #405 on: March 14, 2017, 10:32:07 PM »
I just got from Australia today a 45 of Shaun Cassidy's "Hard Love/Right Before Your Skies".  "Hard Love" is from Cassidy's third album "Under Wraps", and this 45 actually has the cover image of that album imprinted on both sides of the vinyl.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
  • The Hardy Boys catch the Gremlin of The Bangles...
« Reply #406 on: March 15, 2017, 02:35:25 PM »
Oh wow- all the way from Australia! Cool find. :) 8) I've got a Shaun Cassidy 45 somewhere from his first album, mainly because I got it from an antique store for a dollar and it has That's Rock 'N' Roll on it. :) 8)
I've also run across his first three albums on 8-track at one of the local thrift shops I go to from time to time. They've been sitting there for a while- I've almost thought about getting them- if I had an 8-track player. :D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Offline tomswift2002

• Secretary of Defense
    • Trevor Thurlow Productions - Video Production and Transfers
« Reply #407 on: March 15, 2017, 03:19:13 PM »
I've got an 8-track of his "Born Late" album that I picked up at a thrift store about 10 years ago for 10 cents.  I just picked it up because I thought it would be an oddity in my collection and someday maybe be able to show it as a piece of music history.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #408 on: March 15, 2017, 08:00:40 PM »
That's cool. What's funny about the Shaun Cassidy 8-tracks I've seen at this thrift store is that they were stacked in a display case for 8-track tapes. But the first album seems to be permanently stuck inside the case- like the plastic's melded together. So I guess whoever buys it would get the Shaun Cassidy album with it, whether they want it or not. ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #409 on: May 01, 2017, 10:19:34 PM »
Interesting podcast review of "The Mystery of the Fallen Angels" episode of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries here. I don't think the reviewers are familiar with the books or the series, for that matter. It seems this may be their first exposure to the show. So it's kind of interesting to hear from that perspective.

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #410 on: September 15, 2017, 08:48:03 PM »
Not strictly related, but I thought fans of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries might enjoy seeing this '70s ad starring Pamela Sue Martin! :) 8)

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #411 on: September 15, 2017, 08:53:31 PM »
And here's an ad with the other Nancy Drew on that show, Janet Louise Johnson! :) 8)

Offline MacGyver

• Troubleshooter
  • Secretary of Defense
« Reply #412 on: September 15, 2017, 08:58:14 PM »
And I found a video fanfiction, I guess, based on the show. Interesting.