What Nancy Drew books would you like to see turned into games?

Started by Bigfootman, April 03, 2009, 07:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

The title says it all.
A Secret In Time- The 100th book in the Nancy Drew series, this would be an awsome game.

The Bluebeard Room- I said on another topic why I would like this book to be turned into a game.

Scent Of Danger- Going around the River Heights Zoo would be awsome, and trying to get into the zoo once you get kicked out would be a good puzzle.

New Year's Evil or This Side Of Evil- I would love a game taking place in Canada, and these I think are the only two books that take place there, both in the same place.

The Case Of The Artfull Crime- A perfect undercover Nancy game, however, I hope if they do this, they cut down on the chores.

A Nancy Drew notebook- A perfect game for little kids!

Heart Of Danger- A wild west game would be good.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

How about:

The Missing Money Mystery (from the Be A Detective Mystery series)
Don't Look Twice
The Last Dance
Or how about the two Trilogies in the Files?
A Crime for Christmas
Shock Waves
New Lives, New Loves

How about some of the stories from the River Heights series?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Kerin

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on April 03, 2009, 07:54:40 AM
The title says it all.
The Bluebeard Room- I said on another topic why I would like this book to be turned into a game.

The Bluebeard Room was already made into a game, The Curse of Blackmoor Manor.I really don't think it's all that similar, but that's the book they based it off of.

I wish they'd make Heart of Danger into a game, too.That was one of my favorites.I loved the whole plot and mystery to that one.

Nobody's Bussiness - I just loved the plot, and the ending.

Against the Rules -  It would be cool to be on a Military Base.

Final Notes - just one of my favs. I would love to see it in a game.

Buried Secrets  - getting away from the criminal in this would be exciting if they did the same as in the book.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

003Robin457

(HB Crossover) Dead on Arrival- Organ theft and dead bodies, nice. 8)

Bigfootman

Quote from: 003Robin457 on April 03, 2009, 05:47:01 PM
(HB Crossover) Dead on Arrival- Organ theft and dead bodies, nice. 8)
As long as they don't throw ATAC into the mix, I argee.

Most Recent Post:

tomswift2002

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on April 04, 2009, 06:36:27 AM
As long as they don't throw ATAC into the mix, I argee.

Same here.   But hopefully with any future Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew computer games, if they adapt any books, they'll leave the games in the same universe that they were in, and don't cross them over into the Girl Detective/Undercover Brothers universe.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Olivia

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on April 03, 2009, 07:54:40 AM
The title says it all.

New Year's Evil or This Side Of Evil- I would love a game taking place in Canada, and these I think are the only two books that take place there, both in the same place.

The Case Of The Artfull Crime- A perfect undercover Nancy game, however, I hope if they do this, they cut down on the chores.

Good question. I particularly like these (even though I haven?t read any except for New Year's Evil) because I like the descriptions.

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 04, 2009, 02:00:57 PM
Same here.   But hopefully with any future Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew computer games, if they adapt any books, they'll leave the games in the same universe that they were in, and don't cross them over into the Girl Detective/Undercover Brothers universe.

I actually wouldn?t mind it based on Girl Detective. I like the town and the characters in the series now. But like you said, they would have to be consistent with the Hardy Boys too, so that's a dilemma.

tomswift2002

Quote from: Blondie on April 05, 2009, 12:51:34 AM
I actually wouldn?t mind it based on Girl Detective. I like the town and the characters in the series now. But like you said, they would have to be consistent with the Hardy Boys too, so that's a dilemma.

One of the advantages that the Nancy Drew computer game line has is that it was started in the late-1990's, years before the Girl Detective era began, unlike the Hardy Boys where the games started during the Undercover Brothers era.  Plus, we could see in Last Train To Blue Moon Canyon that Simon & Schuster was pushing for the Hardy's to be identified with ATAC.  So that's why I think the Nancy Drew games have a bit more flexibility as to how the books are converted to video games.

Olivia

Good observations.

And for the HBs: cross-promotion for sure. I can't think of another reason for ATAC unless they just wanted to keep up-to-date.

Bigfootman

Here's some more:
The Stolen Bones: Perfect for a puzzle game, and I always thought that there were too few games with dinosaur digging in it.
Dance Till You Die: An exciting game, that's if they keep with the plot of original book, and don't mess up like they did with their remake of the Bluebeard room.  :-\
The Triple Hoax: Lots of puzzles, and there is no way they could put chores in it. Unless they go as far too....

Maybe we should send this topic to Her Interactive

Most Recent Post:

003Robin457

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on April 12, 2009, 05:07:13 PM
Dance Till You Die: An exciting game, that's if they keep with the plot of original book, and don't mess up like they did with their remake of the Bluebeard room.  :-\
That gets me thinking. What if they had a Dance Dance Revolution Nancy Drew Mix?

tomswift2002

It might also be interesting to see one of the Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88 books made into a game and expanded to include Tom Swift.

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on April 15, 2009, 09:20:11 PM
Also the new Nancy Drew UB crossovers would be cool.

Uh----I don't think so.  What would you do in a game based on Terror On Tour besides just walking around a huge concert venue area?

Or do you think they might try to incorporate some Guitar hero stuff into it?

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 16, 2009, 12:55:43 PM
Uh----I don't think so.  What would you do in a game based on Terror On Tour besides just walking around a huge concert venue area?

Well that's just your opinion.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."