Hardy Boys Christmas stories

Started by CalvinKnox, December 13, 2017, 07:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalvinKnox

Since it is almost Christmastime, I got to thinking about Christmas in The Hardy Boys series.  Is there any stories that take place at this time of year other than The Mystery of Cabin Island?

tomswift2002

Aside from Cabin Island, other stories take place within a month to a few days of Christmas. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

You might like to look through this thread (http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?topic=2276.0) that lists a number of holidays, including Christmas.
Other Hardy Boys books set at or near Christmas- A Crime for Christmas (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Supermysteries #2), Shock Jock (Hardy Boys Casefiles #106), Perfect Getaway (Hardy Boys Casefiles #12), Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Super Sleuths! (the first volume has a story called "The Secret of Mountaintop Inn" set at Christmas.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

CalvinKnox

A yes, Perfect Getaway I thought I remembered a Casefile that had them leave Bayport right before Christmas.

tomswift2002

Casefiles #46 is also unusual in that it is set a Christmas, but it is a baseball book, hence the title Foul Play.  #82 is also a Christmas book (but I recall that it takes place within the first week of December.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

tomswift2002

I was just reading "Purge" from Super Sleuths 2.  It's set during Christmas Vacation, but takes place days before Christmas.  (Bess asks Nancy if she wants to look "gorgeous for Christmas" when Nancy is unsure about getting a haircut.