Hardy Boys books at different seasons

Started by tomswift2002, February 20, 2010, 01:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

When you guys are reading a Hardy Boys book, do you ever mentally place it at a specific time of the year, even if the book says that the story takes place at another time of the year?

For me I find that whenever I read The Melted Coins (1944), Dead On Target and The Alien Factor, mentally I always place them as occurring around Easter since I originally read all three books over the Easter weekends of 1994, 1995 and 1998, respectively, so I always place them as occurring at that time of year even though I know that The Alien Factor mentions that it takes place in August-September.

So do you guys have any stories where you mentally place it at one point of the year even thoguh the book places it at another point?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Very interesting you ask this...Come to think of it, if it doesn't mention the time, I generally think of either the summer or spring/fall.  I think of summer sometimes because they are away from school and obviously summer vacation correlates with that. I think of spring and fall because they are more "in between" seasons and therefore do not require as much description or relevance to the story because they are more mild. Winter has snow and is obviously colder. That alone affects some of what can be going on...

I don't have a specific book in mind though. I think I generalization that when I am reading and picturing it in my head. Now I will be thinking about this the next time I pick up a book! :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)