The Hardy Boys and The Disappearing Dog

Started by SDLagent, March 17, 2011, 06:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

The seventh title in the The Hardy Boys: Secret Files series has been reveled on Amazon.com. "The Disappearing Dog" will be released this October.

MacGyver

I'm sure it's just coincidence, but the plot of this book reminds me a lot of the plot of a Secret Seven book I recently picked up-
The Seven and The Magician by Evelyne Lallemand (based on the Enid Blyton series). http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book-details.php?id=1652&title=The+Seven+and+the+Magician
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

MacGyver

Well- it's been done before, but I like magic (i.e. illusions and stage magicians- not voodoo/black magic type stuff) and even if I have seen such stories before, it's still fun- particularly if it can be done with some kind of a new take. (But then I'm not expecting that much from the Secret Files books to begin with. And just to note, The Secret Seven series is definitely aimed at older kids- maybe 8 years old and up.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

QuoteAre these like the UB's or not?
If you're referring to Secret Files books, then no- they're not. These are the adventures of Frank and Joe solving pretty simple mysteries at the ages of 9 and 8, respectively. It's a fun series for younger kids- I've got the first one and read that and it's a fun little read. But not the kind of series I generally bother to collect.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Yeah I was. So they're not taking on terrorist, then? :D ::)

MacGyver

That's the next book- Grade School Terrorist ;D

The Hardys are dealing with something more powerful than just stinkbombs when they meet new transfer student Ahmed Bar Rousasa at Bayport Elementary School. The son of The Assassin's "Bullet", he has made clear his diabolical plans and will stop at nothing to fulfill them. His plot? Nothing less than blowing up the school! How will Frank and Joe Hardy ever be able to stop his crazy scheme? Thankfully, they've got an ace up their sleeve too when secret organization AKAC contacts them. (American Kids Against Crime). It's a race against evil and the clock is ticking!

(Note: Frank and Joe do have a momentary crisis of conscience as they, as any normal kid would, momentarily debate on aiding Ahmed in this plan so long as they can evacuate the whole school first, and ensure themselves at least a double length summer. ;))

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 20, 2011, 01:48:00 PM
That's the next book- Grade School Terrorist ;D

The Hardys are dealing with something more powerful than just stinkbombs when they meet new transfer student Ahmed Bar Rousasa at Bayport Elementary School. The son of The Assassin's "Bullet", he has made clear his diabolical plans and will stop at nothing to fulfill them. His plot? Nothing less than blowing up the school! How will Frank and Joe Hardy ever be able to stop his crazy scheme? Thankfully, they've got an ace up their sleeve too when secret organization AKAC contacts them. (American Kids Against Crime). It's a race against evil and the clock is ticking!

(Note: Frank and Joe do have a momentary crisis of conscience as they, as any normal kid would, momentarily debate on aiding Ahmed in this plan so long as they can evacuate the whole school first, and ensure themselves at least a double length summer. ;) )

Wow! When can I read this one? It sounds great! Really action packed and a whole lot of (can I say this here?) explosions and bombs!  Just what I like to read about in a Hardy Boys book.  The Nancy Drew series was really lacking in that area. I mean really. The Casefiles series was great in that respect I love the Operation Phoenix trilogy. Who doesn't?! :)   

tomswift2002

When I first saw the title of this book I thought that the write-up was going to be similar to the Clues Brothers #8 The Doggone Detectives[/i].

As to whether these are like the UB's, not so far, but I would have to place them in the same continuity as the Undercover Brothers based on the way the books are structured, and the fact that the Clues Brothers already tell the adventures of Frank and Joe at the ages of 9 and 8, respectively, and in the CB series the boys have the running nickname of the "Clues Brothers", which has not been mentioned in the Secret Files books.  So, while the Clues Brothers seem to tell the story of Frank and Joe in the Original-Casefiles Continuity, the Secret Files seem to be set in the Undercover Brothers continuity.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I get that kind of a vibe too, that the Secret Files series is more in line with the Undercover Brothers series than anything else. I like that in the first book we see Fenton Hardy finishing up a new guest room, so it's nice foreshadowing for Aunt Gertude's eventual moving in to live with The Hardys.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 20, 2011, 11:50:56 PM
I get that kind of a vibe too, that the Secret Files series is more in line with the Undercover Brothers series than anything else. I like that in the first book we see Fenton Hardy finishing up a new guest room, so it's nice foreshadowing for Aunt Gertude's eventual moving in to live with The Hardys.

There's pictures? I hope to read Grade School Terrorist. If it's real, that is.

MacGyver

I meant "see" as in we read about it happening.
But there is a comic strip included in each of the Secret Files books at the end of the story, as well as generally an illustration for each chapter.

MacGyver

QuoteI hope to read Grade School Terrorist.  If it's real, that is.
It'll be real as soon as someone writes it. Good luck pitching that one to Simon & Schuster. ;D

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 21, 2011, 01:32:33 PM
It'll be real as soon as someone writes it. Good luck pitching that one to Simon & Schuster. ;D

Okay then.  Who wants to write them about it? ;D 8)