Started by 4567TME, October 31, 2009, 02:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4567TME

It was kinda boring in some places, so I give it:
72%
Great
Send me a PM if you want my review.

Hardy Man

I get what ur saying about the boring part. And what in the world was that shooting scene about in the last chapters? In the Hardy mysteries of old, one could expect better climactic scenes that the crud that the people of S&S have been giving us recently to wrap up books.

4567TME

At times, It seems that way.

Hardy Man

At times? By this point, I have almost come to expect every UB trilogy or stand alone novel to wrap up with an increasingly slack-jawed or half-thought finale.... This includes, but is not limited to, cheesy dialogue, the killer (unsurprisingly) trying to kill the Hardys or their friends in order to live to perpetrate a crime another day, the bad guy apologizing and putting his weapon down before crying and agreeing to see the police, etc.

tomswift2002

Quote from: Hardy Man on February 04, 2010, 09:52:20 PM
At times? By this point, I have almost come to expect every UB trilogy or stand alone novel to wrap up with an increasingly slack-jawed or half-thought finale.... This includes, but is not limited to, cheesy dialogue, the killer (unsurprisingly) trying to kill the Hardys or their friends in order to live to perpetrate a crime another day, the bad guy apologizing and putting his weapon down before crying and agreeing to see the police, etc.

...or that the crime being committed was only being committed by a gang of just one person when a number of crimes really need a gang of more than "one" person.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Man

And let's not forget the ever-popular, "I did this and this and this.... But I didn't murder (Insert character name of your choice) or do this, this, or this. I swear!"- leaving room for two more "mysteries" to be written.

4567TME

Quote from: Hardy Man on February 06, 2010, 11:30:40 AM
And let's not forget the ever-popular, "I did this and this and this.... But I didn't murder (Insert character name of your choice) or do this, this, or this. I swear!"- leaving room for two more "mysteries" to be written.
Yeah! That's so predictable!
Has anyone (namely S&S) considered that that gets boring, and that he or she might be lying? But no, it's just room for 2 more books.

tomswift2002

Quote from: 4567TME on April 05, 2010, 06:40:43 PM
Yeah! That's so predictable!
Has anyone (namely S&S) considered that that gets boring, and that he or she might be lying?

Of course they don't since they don't have the Hardy's even collect solid evidence aside from the person's confession or the fact that they've only managed to locate where everyone else is, and that leaves just the one person.  I seem to recall that in a number of the Originals/Digests/Casefiles/SuperMystery'88/Ultra Thrillers the Hardy's usually found something like a certain type of lipstick container, cigarette butt, or candy wrapper that they could usually get a fingerprint or DNA off of, or even use it as circumstantial evidence to help support their other evidence by saying that Werther's Originals or whatever is so-and-so's favorite candy.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca