The ebook mess

Started by Bigfootman, November 23, 2016, 06:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

S and S dropped the ball when it came to their Digest ebooks:
http://www.simonandschuster.com/series/Hardy-Boys/books?options%5Bsort%5D=BOOK_ON_SALE_DATE_SINCE_EPOCH%7C1%7C%7CBOOK_ORDER%7C0
Books released out of order, books outright missing, the random jump back from #159 to #109, and the cover art for "Kickoff to Danger" is missing with the "Final art to come". Also, "Darkness Falls" is categorized with the digests, despite S and S having a page for the Casefiles.

http://www.simonandschuster.com/books/The-Lure-of-the-Italian-Treasure/Franklin-W-Dixon/Hardy-Boys'-Casefiles/9781442498914
Also, "The Lure of the Italian Treasure" is labelled as a Hardy Boys Casefile. 

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

It doesn't seem like they've been doing much with e-Books in a while...... I don't really use e-Books myself, so I don't really care much about it personally- but I know it's a bummer for those who do like to use e-Readers for their Hardy Boys books..... :(
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Hard to believe, but "The Search For The Snow Leopard" and "Slam Dunk Sabotage", besides having E books that were released in 2012, are still being reprinted in paperback, 20 years after they were first published, and 14 years after the switch from Minstrel to Aladdin.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on November 27, 2016, 07:27:07 AM
Hard to believe, but "The Search For The Snow Leopard" and "Slam Dunk Sabotage", besides having E books that were released in 2012, are still being reprinted in paperback, 20 years after they were first published, and 14 years after the switch from Minstrel to Aladdin.

I think there are about 21 "digests" (this includes the Ghost Stories) that are still being printed.  I have been slowly buying them over the past few months.  Just got four more left to get I think.

MacGyver

Good to know. I've got a complete set of the Hardy Boys Digests books already, but it's still nice to know they are still circulating in print form to some degree. (Okay- just to note, when I say "complete", I don't mean I have all the Wanderer and Minstrel variants- I'm not enough of a completist to worry about that. But I do have #1-190 in some form or another.) If I had the money to invest in it, I wouldn't mind a full set of the Wanderer hardcovers though- I do have one of those, but they are hard to come by for me and when I do find them- they usually cost quite a bit.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"