May 2013 Book Club: Casefiles #79 Danger Unlimited

Started by Bigfootman, May 06, 2013, 04:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Okay- I will quickly say a few things about this book. I enjoyed Danger Unlimited pretty well- it's a good, solid Hardy Boys action-packed story, as usual. I like that Vanessa Bender shows up in the book as her character continued to become more and more important as she became Joe's new girlfriend.
         We have a plotline surrounding Bayport's Air Races, so we get to read a lot about airplanes and that's pretty cool. We've seen from previous books that Frank (and Joe to a lesser degree) has an interest in this. (I'm mainly thinking of Flight into Danger here.)
And of course, both boys are shown to have their pilot's licences in the original series, so that's a nice tie-in as well. This is one factor that was also carried into The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries as well and that is one thing I really liked about that TV show too.
       And I wanted to mention something about the cover too- I like the green tint around "The Hardy Boys Casefiles" logo on the back cover. And also- the front cover is definitely inspired by an iconic scene from a classic Alfred Hitchcock movie. :) 8)  (And that definitely adds to the sense of mystery.)

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

One of the graphic novels, Chaos at 30000 Feet, also paid homage to this classic movie scene-

:) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"