The Hardy Boys airplane

Started by VLoneWolf, November 18, 2012, 10:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

It's been a long time since I've read it, but yeah, The Hypersonic Secret was great. It was the last book in The Hardy Boys Digests to maintain the classic Minstrel cover art style before moving to the new style that started in 1996. It also featured an appearance of Jamal Hawkins, who went to become another one of The Hardy Boys' chums- kind of a modern day addition and apparently African-American at that too, so that's cool. In fact, #135 depicts Jamal on the cover (at least I assume that's him there with Frank and Joe) and that may well be the only drawing of him in the books.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Glad to hear The Hypersonic Secret is great! :) The cover looks cool! 8) Oh, sure, I know who Jamal is, I've read several books with him in it - Speed Times Five, Motocross Madness just to name a couple. His dad owns Hawkins Air Service and Jamal's a pilot like Frank and Joe. 8) In Plane Sight, besides having a great title, has a lot of air action. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

VLoneWolf

I really need to read and find some more of The Hardy Boys books.

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: VLoneWolf on December 05, 2012, 04:11:54 PM
I really need to read and find some more of The Hardy Boys books.

Lots of good reading! :) And many of the Hardy Boys Mystery Stories are available as ebooks, like Speed Times Five, Motocross Madness, In Plane Sight, etc. And hopefully The Hypersonic Secret will be sometime soon. 8) And searching for and finding paper copies is a lot of fun. :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

VLoneWolf

Frank Hardy Joe and Callie carsh land in Fire In The Sky.

VLoneWolf

I have't read it but With Out a Trace the Hardy Boys fly a ultra light airplane.

MacGyver

I have read Without a Trace and I can confirm that Frank and Joe fly an ultralight airplane in this book. It's been a while since I read it but I remember it as being a pretty good read. Fire in the Sky was good too, for that matter. (Of course, I'm going to say about all of The Hardy Boys books- lol. ;D) By the way, there is another plane crash in The Hardy Boys Survival Handbook as well, but Frank and Joe aren't flying that airplane.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

VLoneWolf

I know they don't fly the plane but The Hardy Boys and Chet and a few others are bombed by a biplane in The Desert Giant case.

MacGyver

True- I'd forgotten about that one. Good catch. :)  8)

VLoneWolf

Callie and a bunch of other people are held hostage by environment extremists  on a plane in Hostages of Hate.