12 (54.5%)
ATACer
6 (27.3%)
Neutral
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Bigfootman

Quote from: Katie on January 29, 2012, 05:43:29 PM
All right! ;D 8) When did the fake quoting start?
I think it started around the time the "ATAC fans unite" (may have gotten the topic title wrong) topic started. Don't know the exact post.

The reason I don't like ATAC is because ATAC sends it's agents on silly missions (like investigating Hot Dog Contests, and investigating sabotage at Reality Shows ). Also, Frank and Joe always end up on ATAC missions in every single UB book. The good thing about the Network is that it only appeared in some Casefiles, not every single one!

Also, in the UBs Frank and Joe were way too dependent on gadgets. In Thrill Ride they needed a gadget to defeat An over-sized 12 year old.   

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on January 29, 2012, 07:51:57 PM
I think it started around the time the "ATAC fans unite" (may have gotten the topic title wrong) topic started. Don't know the exact post.

The reason I don't like ATAC is because ATAC sends it's agents on silly missions (like investigating Hot Dog Contests, and investigating sabotage at Reality Shows ). Also, Frank and Joe always end up on ATAC missions in every single UB book. The good thing about the Network is that it only appeared in some Casefiles, not every single one!

Also, in the UBs Frank and Joe were way too dependent on gadgets. In Thrill Ride they needed a gadget to defeat An over-sized 12 year old.

Yeah, I thought that was stupid. ::) But I like ATAC over all. ;D

MacGyver

I think one thing to remember about The Hardy Boys Casefiles and The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers is that the Casefiles were clearly aimed at a teenage audience. The Undercover Brothers were aimed at a preteen audience (ages 8-12). So maybe that's why ATAC doesn't seem nearly on as grand a scale as The Network. I think I generally prefer The Network over ATAC as competing agencies, but honestly- they both work to put criminals behind bars and stop crimes and rescue people- so why should there be a fight about it? I wouldn't say the UB is my favorite series or anything, but I don't totally despise it or anything either. It's okay and has some good moments from what I can tell, but unfortunately just does not seem to hit the right stride with a lot of readers and seems to "dumb down" The Hardys somewhat, if you know what I mean- not to mention let things slide on their language...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on January 29, 2012, 08:45:02 PM
I think one thing to remember about The Hardy Boys Casefiles and The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers is that the Casefiles were clearly aimed at a teenage audience. The Undercover Brothers were aimed at a preteen audience (ages 8-12). So maybe that's why ATAC doesn't seem nearly on as grand a scale as The Network. I think I generally prefer The Network over ATAC as competing agencies, but honestly- they both work to put criminals behind bars and stop crimes and rescue people- so why should there be a fight about it? I wouldn't say the UB is my favorite series or anything, but I don't totally despise it or anything either. It's okay and has some good moments from what I can tell, but unfortunately just does not seem to hit the right stride with a lot of readers and seems to "dumb down" The Hardys somewhat, if you know what I mean- not to mention let things slide on their language...

I like the UB's but the language is another matter... ::)

MacGyver

Exactly. And we've been through all these issues before, so I don't think there is much more to say on it. Hopefully the new "Adventure" series will be a big improvement for The Hardy Boys.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on January 29, 2012, 08:55:59 PM
Exactly. And we've been through all these issues before, so I don't think there is much more to say on it. Hopefully the new "Adventure" series will be a big improvement for The Hardy Boys.

I hope the Hardy Boys Adventures will be better all round. :-\ Especially the language!  ::) Can't they have a better title then that though? Like, I don't know... "The Hardy Boys Casefiles Revamped."? :D

MacGyver

I don't think "The Hardy Boys Adventures" is that bad of a title myself- I think it's pretty good actually. But that series is still a ways off- a lot of things might change with it, including the title, before it releases.

Da Gray Man

Just loomk at my username for my vote ;)