Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew: Club Dread plot summary

Started by SDLagent, January 19, 2009, 09:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokerette

ok, sorry, dino dan. (man! i can't believe i said that!  ;)) i really meant that you don't have to say good thing about the UBs. just don't bash them. that hurts other people's feelings *cough*me*cough*  ;D
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

SDLagent

Quote from: RevWolfX on September 05, 2010, 02:18:23 PM
ok, sorry, dino dan. (man! i can't believe i said that!  ;)) i really meant that you don't have to say good thing about the UBs. just don't bash them. that hurts other people's feelings *cough*me*cough*  ;D

How does it hurt your feeling's if we bash the UB? Are you the ghostwriter? Do you write the UB books?

Jokerette

noooo, but i LOVE the UB books. so yes, bashing them hurts my feelings. deal with it.
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

SDLagent

Jokerette

good. and while you are doing the dealing thing, deal with the fact that you could keep bashing the Ubs and i'd still tolerate you (kinda!)  ;D ;D

SDLagent

If you tolerated me, bashing the UB wouldn't be funny.

Jokerette

Olivia

Quote from: MacGyver on July 15, 2010, 10:25:14 AM
Just to offer a quick observation here- it only stands to reason that different demographics of Hardy Boys fans are going to appreciate different series of books differently.

Yeah, I think there's truth to that. And also in what series you read first, sometimes. There are also a lot of special cases too.

A long time ago, my first HBs book was a '88 Supermystery, and I only read one or two of those. My next experience, years later, was when the UBs came out. Then I think I started on all the other HBs series. (There may have been like one inbetween there, but I can't recall).

Anyways, the UBs aren't necessarily high up on my list even though I was fairly young when they started up (17ish?) and was the most familiar/closest to them.

Quote from: SDLagent on July 16, 2010, 04:20:50 PM
You kinda know. Now, you really know.

ALOL.

Jokerette

maybe so, but i first read a casefile and i still like the UBs better!

MacGyver

Exactly. And I'm guessing you've probably grown up with both available. For those who might remember when The Casefiles were the big new thing back in the late '80s, they might tend to hold to the Casefiles merely for the fact that it's what they grew up enjoying. That's not to say that it's true for everyone- it seems some folks either hold stubbornly on to nostalgia and refuse to admit that anything else could be better or is better (which is still subjective since it IS their own opinion) and then there's others that might look back at their past with some disdain and feel like what they enjoyed as a child is now beneath them and admittedly kinda cheesy and/or corny. I think I tend to sway in the middle as I still thoroughly and genuinely enjoy many things I grew up with as a child but I'm still also open to newer things as well- so I try to give everything a fair try and see the good in it. (Obviously it doesn't always work for everything, but it does make me fairly flexible to most things. And in any case, as Ecclesiastes 1:9 says- there's nothing new under the sun anyway. 8))
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

I read the a Undercover Brothers before I read a Casefile and I've read more Undercover Brothers than Casefiles and I think the Casefiles are a lot better than the Undercover Brothers.

Jokerette

maybe it's pyschological...you know, it's only logical to psychos.  ;D ;D

Olivia

Quote from: MacGyver on October 05, 2010, 02:41:39 PM
so I try to give everything a fair try and see the good in it.

Me too. Although I do hold some classic stuff in high esteem (particularly movies/films, not necessarily HBs since I was basically with the UBs first), I'm aware of how I could be.

However, I give credit where credit is due, and I always point out anything I think is good/positive when it comes to the UBs too.

Quote from: DarkMist on October 11, 2010, 05:56:44 AM
maybe it's pyschological...you know, it's only logical to psychos.  ;D ;D

Wow. I'm surprised I haven't heart that one before :D

Jokerette

ha! that's because the mind of DARKMIST is superior to any other! JK!  ;D ;D