The movie that just won't die.......

Started by Lola, May 16, 2008, 08:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lola

I found this on HDA website.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0512/beckhamv.html

There is also a small mention in the May 16 issue of Entertainment Weekly. As I read it I had a thought.......EW magazine posts their email address and I thought we should all send an email protesting the movie. Letting Ben Stiller and the production company know how we feel about them making parody of the Hardys.

ew_letters@ew.com

SDLagent

I totally agree with you Lola, let's flood their inbox with messages! It was bad enough already, but now this! I don't even want to think what part Victoria would play in a Hardy Boys movie! >:(

Olivia

It would be a good idea to protest, but I'm wondering if it will actually benefit us. I've heard that a lot of attention, even negative, lets producers know that there is some kind of interest, however bad :-\

Centrion

What's the old saying, all publicity's good publicity? Who knows, but I agree, it looks like its just going to make fun of the Hardys. I don't even want to think how they'll portray Chet!
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Kerin

I know.
It's the same with the new Nancy Drew movie.I didn't watch because it looked like they were making fun of her.
It's the same thing with this movie. :-\
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

tomswift2002

Nice, although you messed up the title for Casefiles #32.  Its not Will To Kill, it is actually called Blood Money.  (Boy, did the casefiles ever have nicer titles than the UB's.  Somehow I just don't see titles like Blood Money or Flesh and Blood fitting into the UB series lineup, if S&S were ever thinking about using titles like those.)
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

D.Hardy

Why must they ruin a good thing. Nancy Drew, Dukes of Hazzard everything. why dont they just leave it alone. I dont want the hardy boys ruin too.
"One Good Trip Deserves Another" -Joe Hardy(Shaun Cassidy) Witches Hollow

devoika86

i say just no1 go watch the movie, hit them where it hurts, their pockets. if it is a flop at the box office, they will think twice b4 making another retarded movie in attempts to destroy the great classic that is the Hardy Boys!

and i can just see them having beckham play iola. *shudders* that would be a great character ruined if i ever saw 1

Olivia

Quote from: D.Hardy on May 31, 2008, 08:21:29 PM
Why must they ruin a good thing. Nancy Drew, Dukes of Hazzard everything. why dont they just leave it alone. I dont want the hardy boys ruin too.

Yeah, I hear ya. I used to watch The Dukes of Hazzard TV series from the '80's in reruns and even met the actress who plays Daisy and the actor who plays Cooter. I'm pretty sure none of the cast appreciate the exploitation.

Olivia

Quote from: devoika86 on June 03, 2008, 07:27:25 PM
i say just no1 go watch the movie, hit them where it hurts, their pockets. if it is a flop at the box office, they will think twice b4 making another retarded movie in attempts to destroy the great classic that is the Hardy Boys!

and i can just see them having beckham play iola. *shudders* that would be a great character ruined if i ever saw 1

It better flop. And LOL at the Iola thing haha. But you know, even if it does flop they will probably do some kind of damage control or pretend it didn't even exist.

devoika86

as they should, cuz this movie should never exist. thats just a crime against a classic right there :-\

Jokerette

if they have to make a HB movie they could least make it cartoon so that the characters could actually look right!
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

tomswift2002

Why would you want a cartoon?  The past has shown us that the Hardy Boys are more popular when they get the right actors.us
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Quote from: oliviatocali on May 19, 2008, 04:49:46 PM
It would be a good idea to protest, but I'm wondering if it will actually benefit us. I've heard that a lot of attention, even negative, lets producers know that there is some kind of interest, however bad :-\

I see what you mean, but it's already going ahead, so we really have nothing to lose!

Jokerette

i'm only so old so i still enjoy cartoons!*stiffly*
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?