Lost Brother

Started by JoeHardyRocks, November 09, 2010, 04:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHardyRocks

I really liked this book! I got it from the library this morning and finished it like 2 minutes ago. I thought the cover art was bad, Joe's expression was more " Ugh I can't believe Frank let himself get kidnapped, how selfish of him!! He could have at least chopped me some firewood before he left, gosh!!" instead of concerned for him... LOL. But I was glad that the book didn't end with another "Well, we caught the bad guy, but another person got kidnapped!!!  :o Case open!!!" It seems to link better than usual... If anybody else read Lost Brother, tell what you thought. :)
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

tomswift2002

I'm not planning on reading either book of this "trilogy" for a few more months---closer to the release date of the 3rd book, which means that I will not have finished a book in the Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers continuity in a little over a year.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

I bought the first 2 not even realizing the 3rd one wasn't out yet. Perhaps I will wait too. I would hate to leave myself hanging when I can have all 3 books before starting it.

It does sound somewhat promising though.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

hardy boys fan

Hey!............. Ohhhhh

hardy boys fan

Read it. This trilogies have been slightly better than the other ones. Yea, I also liked the part that this one is better linked and it doesnt end like: we caught the bad guy, now there is another one.
Hey!............. Ohhhhh

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I liked this one a lot. Not used to seeing Frank and Joe separated. That's for sure!

Mrs. Nick Jonas

I thought that it was pretty cool!
"I don't pray because it changes God, I pray because it changes me". ~ C.S. Lewis

iheartmystery

I finished the first book of the trilogy (Children of the Lost) and I liked it a lot. I think it's funny how they decided to put actual boys to model as Joe and Frank on the cover haha. As if girls will be all like "Oooh cute boy I'm gonna read that book now!" Lol. Anyway, does anyone know who models Joe on the Lost Brother book? I'm just curious that's all...I guess that's what happens when I read so many mysteries!?
American Teens Against Crime :)

SDLagent

I do not know who the model is, no. They've been using models on the covers of the Undercover Brothers for a few years, now, and I've tried to find out who models the covers but have been unable to.

Welcome to the forum, by the way! Stay around awhile.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: iheartmystery on April 13, 2011, 01:05:06 AM

I think it's funny how they decided to put actual boys to model as Joe and Frank on the cover haha. As if girls will be all like "Oooh cute boy I'm gonna read that book now!"

Lol I know right, that's what I thought they were trying to do!
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

And fans had been complaining for awhile that the Hardy boys weren't on the covers of The Hardy Boys.

iheartmystery

Finished 'Lost Brother' tonight! I know im way behind you guys lol, you've probably all read it haha.  It was really good I'm a big fan of this story line in the Lost mystery trilogy.  I'm soo antsy to read 'Forever Lost', but since I didn't want to waste my money on a book I'll never read again (I absolutely love the books but I can't read them twice, too predictable lol) so i have to wait untl tomorrow to get it from the library. The agony @_@ I cannot wait to read it:)

tomswift2002

I'm about half-way through Lost Brother, and while it is better than the other middle books of the UB trilogies, I'm finding that it is just not piquing my interest and it is just plodding along.  After this, I may not read Forever Lost for close to a year.  I'll have to see.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

iheartmystery

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 15, 2011, 07:57:55 PM
I'm about half-way through Lost Brother, and while it is better than the other middle books of the UB trilogies, I'm finding that it is just not piquing my interest and it is just plodding along.  After this, I may not read Forever Lost for close to a year.  I'll have to see.

oh don't do that! you should read Forever Lost. I just read it today and i loved it ;D ;D ;D

tomswift2002

I just finished both Lost Brother and Forever Lost today (as well as Breakdown In Axeblade) and while the Lost Trilogy has been the best of the trilogies so far...it is still pretty far from even the Ring Of Evil trilogy.

I enjoyed how the authors of the trilogy finally put an actual gang of more than 1 person into the series, but boy, the books continue their bloodshed stories like crazy, which I'm getting rather tired of.  Plus, I was also shocked at the number of times that Frank is knocked unconcious within the last two books.  I think Frank had an immunity to that purple stuff since it didn't affect him like Justin or the other kids (not to mention that Forever Lost started right after the mine explosion, and yet Frank was able to go right into detail about his and Joe's history, as well as the history of ATAC and the boys mission, yet at the end of the previous book Frank was having a very hard time remembering his own name right up to second of the explosion; but then about two pages later Frank reverts to the Frank from the end of Lost Brother).

And having read two books from the UB's, and one book from the Original Continuity within the same day, I found that Joe was very immature in the UB's, and less trained than he was in Breakdown In Axeblade (in BIA Joe actually delivers a number of karate kicks and chops to his opponents, while the UB Joe either just kicked the guy in the knees, or fired a gun and then used the gun to knock the guy out).  Plus, I don't think the UB Joe is able to adequately say what is and isn't on a bike or car, while the OC Joe was able to diagnose that the water reservoir of the boys van was gone.

Lost Brother: 2 out 10

Forever Lost: 4 out of 10

Lost Trilogy overall: 3.5 out of 10 (which is a lot higher than most of the other Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers books since, oh, #5 Rocky Road).