What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?

Started by MacGyver, March 20, 2013, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalvinKnox

Not Hardy Boys, but related, I just obtained an old copy of Tom Swift in the Caves of Ice.

tomswift2002

Quote from: CalvinKnox on December 13, 2017, 07:34:35 PM
I am missing: 1, 2, 12, 14, 16, 17, and 32.  I live near a fairly big city with lots of antique stores so I got a bunch there, and about 1.5 hrs away there is also a tourist town that has quite a number antique stores were I have picked up a few.  I keep an eye out on Kijiji for them, but it is more fun to find them in person.

From 1992-2006, Applewood Books released reproduction copies of #'s 1-16.  #'s 1-11 were facsimiles of their original first editions from 1927-1932 printings in the red covers.  #'s 12-16 were changed by continuing the red boards under the dustjackets, which these numbers were never released in.  So those might be cheaper—-although the later numbers were not out all that long, and at one point #7 seemed to be the scarcest.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

I couldn't think of where to put this, but I just caught Frank Hardy in the 2017 TV movie "My Christmas Prince".  Parker Stevenson is in the movie, along with Trek-alumni, Marina Sirtis.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

I heard about that! I'd like to check it out when I can. It not only features Parker "Frank Hardy" Stevenson, it also features Pamela Sue "Nancy Drew" Martin as his wife!  :) 8)
Way cool to see them together again- and particularly as a couple at that.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

CalvinKnox

I found the original Text Tower Treasure and Crisscross Shadow at an antique shop.

tomswift2002

I just got in the mail today the paperback version of "The Pirate Ghost".  This is Clue Book #7.

MacGyver

Last night I finally bought a copy of Hardy Boys Adventures #16 Stolen Identity.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SkyWarp

MacGyver

Cool! All great books.  :) 8)
(And all have words starting with "C" in the title.)

SkyWarp

MacGyver

Cool. Soon you'll have all of the Digests, it looks like. :) 8)