Hardy Boys Casefiles Encyclopedia Update #18

Started by SkyWarp, October 19, 2014, 05:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

SkyWarp

So what did I find interesting from this book after re-reading it all these years later?

1) Frontal Lobe makes its second book mention.  No surprise the same person authored this book that did the previous mention of Frontal Lobe.

2) The town of Kirkland also gets another mention.  Again, it was also mentioned in the same previous book that Frontal Lobe was mentioned in. 

3) The World Trade Center was briefly mentioned.  When this book came out, we wouldn't have thought twice about that.

4) The World Series Champions were from New York City in this book.  Looking back over real world history (this book came out in August 1988) that means the most recent NY team to win would have been the Mets in 1986.

MacGyver

Cool! Thanks for the listing of interesting mentions in the book- I wonder if Frontal Lobe was the name of a real local band the author was involved in and trying to get some publicity for? I think the individual authors tended to keep their own continuity within the larger continuity of mentioning their own original characters and places and businesses and such- if it got popular enough, I'm sure others adapted them and wrote about them too. (i.e. compare MUX to the Assassins, for example.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Hard to believe that it's been 26 years since this book came out.  So at 26 years, I would say that we could easily call this a Hardy Boys Classic.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

I wonder, as I start to pull in more data from the books if we can at least identify some books that are written by the same authors by items that were present in each of their books. 

MacGyver

There's a fun little challenge. Sometimes writing styles can be a tipoff too. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"