The boys in pop culture

Started by SDLagent, December 07, 2009, 11:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

And here's some neat artwork based on a photo of Tim Considine and Tommy Kirk as Frank and Joe Hardy on The Mickey Mouse Club
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

In Psych there was a Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew quote in "You Can't Handle This Episode" deleted scene. 8)

MacGyver

Cool! I love Psych- I know there's an episode where Sean makes a reference to Parker Stevenson too (in relation to his role as Frank Hardy on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on August 18, 2011, 01:56:36 PM
Cool! I love Psych- I know there's an episode where Sean makes a reference to Parker Stevenson too (in relation to his role as Frank Hardy on The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries)

I like Psych, too as long as they keep it clean! :-\

MacGyver

Here's an interesting arts and crafts idea to do with The Hardy Boys books (I suppose this would be good for recycling old, falling apart copies as I don't think I would do this to any of my books just for fun...)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coverstories/4432964259/

And one of The Tower Treasure and a Nancy Drew book (The Mystery at Lilac Inn)

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on August 18, 2011, 01:37:08 PM
And here's some neat artwork based on a photo of Tim Considine and Tommy Kirk as Frank and Joe Hardy on The Mickey Mouse Club

That's pretty cool. I like.

MacGyver

Did you see the Robin, Nightwing and Joker stand-in artwork based on While The Clock Ticked? I posted it on the third page. :)

SDLagent

Yeah, I did but was in a rush at the time and didn't replay. Pretty funny, though. I'd like to see a coloured version.

MacGyver

Yeah, that would be an improvement. Even so, I just thought that was funny and way cool. 8)

MacGyver

Here are some scans from a 1977 issue of Tiger Beat with pictures and articles on Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson and some appearances from Pamela Sue Martin as well. And a neat item for The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries show- they apparently had a contest to be on an episode of the show! Neat! (Of course, even if I was around then, I'm pretty sure I would have missed out on that opportunity since this magazine is generally aimed more at girls than boys...) ;D

MacGyver

Barbara Gordon has apparently referred to Batman and Robin as The Hardy Boys at least once :)

MacGyver

Just ran across these Rudy Nappi cover paintings for The Secret of Skull Mountain (The Hardy Boys #27) and The Ghost of Blackwood Hall (Nancy Drew #25) - just thought it was cool. 8)

SDLagent

Nappi's a good artist, eh? Here's some of his non-Hardy Boys work...

MacGyver

Yeah.....definitely not Hardy Boys material- whoa! :o
But Nappi definitely is good at what he does. (or did, as the case may be)

MacGyver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSTWG9DUGBo
(Here's a 1980 airing of a British sketch comedy show called LWT with a parody of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries (it starts at 20:15) - it does get kinda risque though, but they were spot on in some things- lol)