Second Undercover Brothers Trilogy

Started by SDLagent, March 18, 2008, 06:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

"Double Down" has been revealed for a Jan 6, 2009 release on Amazon.com. It looks like this will be the second book in what appears to be the second Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers trilogy called ''DOUBLE DANGER" with "Double Trouble" being the first book of the series.

tomswift2002

Oh, great.  S&S goes from a lackluster series to a series of trilogies.  Hopefully they got some one like William Shatner to do the trilogies.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Hmmm, this is the same thing that is killing the comic book industry.  Limited Series.

Centrion

Hmm, I wonder what this will mean for the Hardys?
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

'"We stand here today to pay our final respects to the two best crime fighters in the world of children's literature...Frank and Joe Hardy.  While they battled criminals for over 80 years, it appears that they finally met their doom at the hands of their publisher, Simon & Schuster."'
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

According to SimonSays.com this trilogy will be called the ''Double Danger Trilogy''.

Centrion

As a side note, I just bought Comic Con Artist and it has an excerpt for the Murder House Trilogy. It looks interesting.
Anyway, at least we have the comics, which might last a little longer. Hmm, I was wondering if the Hardy's would ever make it to 100 yrs.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

SDLagent

There will also be a second Nancy Drew Girl Detective trilogy, called ''Identity Mystery Trilogy'', with ''Secret Identity'' the first book in the trilogy.

It is interesting that both Girl Detective trilogies have the word ''mystery'' in their names. 

SDLagent

Double Danger Trilogy #2 ''Missing Double'' has been renamed ''Double Down''. Personally I think ''Missing Double'' is a better name but not S&S I guess.

It's strange that so many Hardy Boys books are being renamed lately before they are even released. That's there's been...

Graphic Novel #13, changed from ''The Amazing Case of Lind'z'' to ''The Deadliest Stunt''
Graphic Novel #14, ''''Haley Danelle's Top Eight!'' to ''Haley Danelle's Best Eight''
Graphic Novel #15, ''Live Free, Die Hardy!'' to ''Live Free or Die Hardy''
And now this.

tomswift2002

Okay---does Double Down mean that the Hardy's are going to be battling some gambling ring---and would that even be appropriate for the series target age range?

Rusty Key

Hi All-I am new to the board but not new to the Hardy Boys. I noticed on S&S site that the next "Double" Trilogy is listed. Book #2 was "Missing Double", but now it looks like they have changed the name to "Double Down" . . .

SDLagent

I noticed last night that according to the cover of book one, the trilogy is Double Trouble, not Double Danger. My head's spinning with all the name changes!

tomswift2002

Double Trouble --- wasn't that the name of Casefiles #22?  I seem to recall that there was already a book with that name or a very similar name.

Q

NZone

I am going to double down that "Double Down" will not be a good HB book, its a UB so i think ill win this one
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.