March 11-17, 2012 TV Show Club- The Hardy Boys ('90s)- "Lovebirds"

Started by MacGyver, March 12, 2012, 02:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Post your thoughts, comments and reviews of The Hardy Boys (1990s) episode "Lovebirds" here.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I just wanted to quickly note that this episode's plot is vaguely reminiscent of The Hooded Hawk Mystery- okay, maybe I shouldn't say plot so much, but just that it also deals with birds. Rare birds or mysteries involving birds seem to be a theme in mystery series- besides the aforementioned Hardy Boys title, other avian-oriented titles that come to mind include The Yellow Feather Mystery, The Clue of the Screeching Owl (which sorta counts I guess) and from The Three Investigators series, The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot and The Mystery of the Two-Toed Pigeon (all of them are great reads by the way). And of course, I can't forget the Humphrey Bogart movie classic (which is based on the classic Dashiell Hammett novel of course)- The Maltese Falcon. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Olivia

This is one of the more funny ones, and they did a good job with the plot in the 22 min. frame. One of my favs.

"Behold...the egg." Or whatever he said. lol.