Does incorrect cover art bother you?

Started by P. Walker, April 16, 2012, 06:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: Katie on June 13, 2012, 10:53:27 PM
Looks like the ambukance is on fire! :o   Been awhile since I read it.

I think that's the ambulance's light.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Tomswift2002 on June 14, 2012, 10:01:05 AM
I think that's the ambulance's light.
Ah, so it is. Why did they use a van? Ambulance's are like this:

Wow, that sure is brightly coloured! :o

MacGyver

I think ambulances come in different shapes and sizes, but I typically think of a white van with red lights flashing myself...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on June 14, 2012, 01:34:10 PM
I think ambulances come in different shapes and sizes, but I typically think of a white van with red lights flashing myself...

Not like what I have there? It's all I ever seen where I'm from.

Bigfootman

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on June 13, 2012, 09:00:24 PM
'

I read that one recently, and yes, the scene was pretty much exact. Frank almost got trampled by a horse and Joe pulled him away lol.
I haven't read that book in a while, so I didn't remember that scene.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Hardy Sleuth

I've never seen an ambulance in the US like that yellow and green one there in the picture, and looking it up online from the details in the picture, I see why. It's because that ambulance is from England, Southampton General Hospital to be exact.
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Hardy Sleuth on June 14, 2012, 06:43:43 PM
I've never seen an ambulance in the US like that yellow and green one there in the picture, and looking it up online from the details in the picture, I see why. It's because that ambulance is from England, Southampton General Hospital to be exact.
Never heard of it. Here's one of ours, I hope:

Oh, that one is cute! :)

MacGyver

When did ambulances get so colorful? LOL. Well, thankfully I haven't had to ride in any of them so I guess maybe that's why I'm not familiar with these designs...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on June 14, 2012, 11:19:59 PM
When did ambulances get so colorful? LOL. Well, thankfully I haven't had to ride in any of them so I guess maybe that's why I'm not familiar with these designs...

I have. Almost died on the way to hospital.

tomswift2002

Well it makes sense that they would have a smaller ambulance that could get into places that, maybe, the big, boxy ambulances could not. 
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on June 14, 2012, 01:34:10 PM

Actually, I'm pretty sure all ambulances since the beginning of time have been the exact same shape and size.

tomswift2002

You might want to watch the Dragnet from the 50's and 60's.  The ambulances look like station wagons.

VLoneWolf

Not alawys but I would like to have seen more of the Island on Death Game.

MacGyver

Even these don't necessarily bother me- they're just fun and interesting copies of the books. ;D (And really- as long as the story is intact, the cover is not a huge deal- though it is certainly nice to have a good and appropriate cover for a good story.)

Judah-Ben-Hur

Rubber editions (as I call these library editions at my library), are always interesting if not somewhat disappointing. Our rubber editions are from the late 80s early 90s, and amusingly use the old PC hardy emblem on the back (which was out of style for about 10-12 year at that time?). Also they favor PC edition cover art, though the block inside are modern flashlights for the most part.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9