2011 Book Club Schedule Sign Up

Started by hardygirl847, November 14, 2010, 11:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

January and October are yours, Olivia.

Good choices! I have 3 of the 4. Maybe you could  think of a few more. Hopefully we can figure out something that the majority of us have access to.

Also, to answer your other question, we post discussions around the middle of the month. Then it goes from there. Sometimes it's a slow start and sometimes it's not.

If the person who is in charge of the discussion that month doesn't post it for a few days, I will post it for them. That way if someone can't make it on here (especially during the holidays), someone else is there to make sure the discussion starts.

I tend to try to post around the 15th of the month...give or take a day.

Hope that helps!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: Olivia on December 06, 2010, 10:29:16 PM

New Year's Evil (Super Mystery) - Thought it fitting with the new year.

The Paris Connection (Super Mystery)

The Secret of the Soldier's Gold (Digest, #182)

The Borderline Case (Casefile, #25)

All interesting choices, and books that I have access too.  But with The Paris Connection, considering that that is a sequel of sorts to A Crime For Christmas (Christmas introduces the Foxes who appear in Paris), I don't know whether people would want to read the sequel before the original story?  What do you guys think?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I've read both those books but it's been so long ago (and both books were read with some years in between the readings), I totally didn't realize The Paris Connection is something of a sequel to A Crime for Christmas- that's cool to know. 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Yeah, that is interesting. I actually liked A Crime for Christmas. It combined my favorite action/mystery/adventure duo with my fave guilty pleasure...chocolate. :D

If you haven't read it, then I will say no more.

Olivia, please let us know what you choose soon!! :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Olivia

I know I'm the holdup :-\  Every time I make time to go on here it never seems to be enough, and then I have to log out because of an appointment.

Okay, we'll do The Borderline Case (#25 Casefile) for sure.

Here's a few more choices for Originals (I figure they're the easiest to obtain):

The Great Airport Mystery
The Secret Warning
The Shore Road Mystery
The Missing Chums

Speak up with what you have or even which of the four you would like to do.

Let's try to decide in the next couple of days! hardygirl847 has been more than patient with me, and I thank you for that ;)

hardygirl847

Olivia,

That's perfectly fine.  I just don't want to drag it out too long. :) Borderline Case sounds good.

I vote for The Secret Warning. I've been wanting to read that one and haven't heard much about it.

Let me know what you guys think. :)

SDLagent

I have the revised text of The Secret Warning.

MacGyver

I haven't pulled either one out in a while, but I have both the original and revised text versions of The Secret Warning, so that one's cool with me.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Sweet! I have the RT too. Looks like we could have a winner.

Olivia

January - The Borderline Case (#25 Casefile)

October - The Secret Warning (#17 Original, revised)

Unless you guys want it reversed...whatever is fine with me.

tomswift2002

That's fine with me. 

Of course, for those who haven't read the 1938 version of The Secret Warning, be prepared for a doozy of a story.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

hardygirl847

Quote from: Captain Santa Claus on December 16, 2010, 07:43:54 AM
That's fine with me. 

Of course, for those who haven't read the 1938 version of The Secret Warning, be prepared for a doozy of a story.

Is the RT not a doozy?? :(

Here is the OFFICIAL Schedule for 2011.

January- Olivia, The Borderline Case (#25 Casefile)

February- Hardygirl847-Hardy Boys Digests # 96-Wipeout

March- AlwaysaJoeFan-Hardy Boys Casefiles ?The Genius Thieves

April- tomswift2002 The Hardy Boys #94 Breakdown In Axeblade

May- SDLagent, Hardy Boys Originals, The Melted Coins

June- MacGyver The Hardy Boys #115 Sabotage at Sports City

July- AlwaysaJoeFan-Hardy Boys Casefile: Beyond the Law.

August- MacGyver The Hardy Boys Casefiles #14 Too Many Traitors

September- SDLagent, Hardy Boys Originals, The Secret of the Old Mill #3

October- Olivia-The Secret Warning (#17 Original, revised)

November- Hardygirl847- Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew SuperMystery-Tour of Danger

December- tomswift2002 - Hardy Boys #147 Trial and Terror

4 Casefiles, 4 Digests, 3 Originals, 1 SuperMystery

Looks like a good mix!

Please remember to post the discussion thread of your book around the 15th of the month you are doing. Thanks!! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on December 16, 2010, 03:49:33 PM
Is the RT not a doozy?? :(

A number of fans consider the 1966 version of The Secret Warning to be far superior to the 1938 version, and considering that I've read both in the past, I tend to agree, which is why I say that people who have not read the 1938 version are in for a doozy of a story.

hardygirl847

So it's a good thing to read the revised story?? Sorry my brain is mushy right now. Too much going on....lol  Your comments are intriguing me so much so that I want  to start reading it now. :)

MacGyver