What's up with the swearing in the UB series?

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, April 26, 2011, 07:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

What's up with the swearing in the Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers? :o I don't get it. ??? In Gold Medal Murder, Frank, Joe and Nancy all said the D word at least once if not more. >:( Why has S&S let them do this?   ???    

MacGyver

Mainly because America as a culture has slowly let things like that word become more and more acceptable in society and now some people just don't see it as a big deal. Countries like Germany would probably not even consider it a bad word in the first place, as the German versions of The Three Investigators books seem to signify.
     I think Hardy Boys fans should write to Simon & Schuster and let them know that that kind of language goes directly against the moral character that has been established for The Hardy Boys over the last 80 years or so and it should not be allowed in any of the books. There is no reason for it to be there.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on April 26, 2011, 07:26:06 PM
Mainly because America as a culture has slowly let things like that word become more and more acceptable in society and now some people just don't see it as a big deal. Countries like Germany would probably not even consider it a bad word in the first place, as the German versions of The Three Investigators books seem to signify.
     I think Hardy Boys fans should write to Simon & Schuster and let them know that that kind of language goes directly against the moral character that has been established for The Hardy Boys over the last 80 years or so and it should not be allowed in any of the books. There is no reason for it to be there.

Just be glad they only used it  . . .let's see here . . .three times! :o ::) :-\ Even that is overkill. I don't think they swore in the Casefiles, did they? Expect for a "what the--" and a "what the heck?" here and there. :-\

SDLagent

Key, Katie, this topic has been discussed in past threads before. Please post in those threads instead of starting new ones.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: SDLagent on April 27, 2011, 02:00:29 AM
Key, Katie, this topic has been discussed in past threads before. Please post in those threads instead of starting new ones.

I couldn't find other ones. So that's why I posted a new one. ::)