What If

Started by hardygirl847, March 01, 2011, 01:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 13, 2011, 04:39:13 PM
Mac, I didn't get the reference either but thanks for explaining it. That would be funny to have the UB series be just a dream. lol

What if you could change the ending to any Hardy Boys book? Which one would you choose, and why? :D

I would change the ending....of....hmm....BAB gets a bad rap for its ending from some people. Maybe add a little more brotherly love moments in there when Joe realizes who Frank is....Maybe. I think for the most part I've been happy with most endings. They seem to wrap up well. My "changes" are kind of why I write fanfic. I can do what I want...but that doesn't mean I want to change the originals necessarily.

Good ? but not sure I have one that I can think of right now. I haven't read many Ubs either....

What if you had to tutor Frank and Joe because of all that time they miss from class going off on assignments? ;D

Oh I'd definitely tutor Frank and Joe. Although, depending on my hypothetical age in this question, I'm not sure how much studying we'd get done. LOL I'm sure Joe could  charm his way out of doing it and Frank would just make me giggle the whole time.

But if I were to be much older and had to be professional, I'm sure it'd be fun and somewhat trying to get Joe to focus. Frank would probably question everything but at least get his work done. :)

What if you were Frank and Joe's parents? BUT instead of encouraging their investigating, you act like YOUR parents? How would their lives be different?

I know my parents wouldn't let me travel and do all that. I would ESPECIALLY be in trouble for most of the Casefiles series. No guns! Lol If the Hardys had my parents, they wouldn't be internationally known detectives.

So would I. And how could I keep that I work for ATAC a secret?!

hardygirl847

See? That's a good question. How WOULD you keep something like that a secret? From your friends and family? The Hardys get away with it because their dad started it. What a huge insult it would have been if Frank and Joe hadn't been given the opportunity to be in the ATAC. So they only have to keep it away from half of their family and I think their friends. I don't remember if Chet and friends are 1...even included in the series very much and 2...know about it. They know about them being detectives in the other books but I'm not as familiar with the UBs.

Even so, Frank and Joe have to be  really trustworthy for their parents to let them be detectives.

I know I just asked a question but ...

What would Frank and Joe have to do in order to lose their family and/or friends' trust?
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 13, 2011, 09:57:05 PM
See? That's a good question. How WOULD you keep something like that a secret? From your friends and family? The Hardys get away with it because their dad started it. What a huge insult it would have been if Frank and Joe hadn't been given the opportunity to be in the ATAC. So they only have to keep it away from half of their family and I think their friends. I don't remember if Chet and friends are 1...even included in the series very much and 2...know about it. They know about them being detectives in the other books but I'm not as familiar with the UBs.

Even so, Frank and Joe have to be  really trustworthy for their parents to let them be detectives.

I know I just asked a question but ...

What would Frank and Joe have to do in order to lose their family and/or friends' trust?

Not sure. They've never done that. ;D

hardygirl847

I know...which makes that hard. It'd have to be something REALLY huge to cause that to happen.

Even when they're fighting in the new GNs...they still trust each other and love each other. They're just getting annoyed with each other.

I guess causing a crime, hurting someone, or some other kind of betrayal would be needed to make that happen. Again, like you said, they haven't done that. That's not part of their character.

Hmm...
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 13, 2011, 10:25:26 PM
I know...which makes that hard. It'd have to be something REALLY huge to cause that to happen.

Even when they're fighting in the new GNs...they still trust each other and love each other. They're just getting annoyed with each other.

I guess causing a crime, hurting someone, or some other kind of betrayal would be needed to make that happen. Again, like you said, they haven't done that. That's not part of their character.

Hmm...

What? :o Them fighting in the GNs? over what? Never heard of them doing that. :o

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 13, 2011, 09:57:05 PM

I read this one fanfic about that, Frank ran away, supposedly to protect Joe, but he just left without telling anybody goodbye, and everybody was mad at him and didn't trust him for a while. But that's a really good question, even in Wanted when they were accused of robbing a bank, their friends didn't believe they did it. So another thing they'd have to do, would be either intentionally hurt someone/friends/family, (Which of course, they'd never do ;) ) or .... I have no idea. If you actually think about it, the boys have done alot to gain everybody's trust and respect, since they've always shown themselves to be honest and trustworthy before. :)

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on March 13, 2011, 10:27:11 PM
What? :o Them fighting in the GNs? over what? Never heard of them doing that. :o

You've never heard of Break Up or read the GN's New Casefiles? The Hardy's fight alot, and they split up in the first one, and they actually break up in the second one. I haven't gotten the chance to read Break Up yet, but it sounds exciting. :)
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

hardygirl847

Fanfic is different. They do all kinds of crazy things but usually not to tick everyone off. Depends on the writer. I personally like to keep them in a good relationship for the most part. :)

Break Up is not exactly where they go their own way. They DO fight about little things and some big things but never officially call it quits.

The crossover with Nancy will continue the story and tell us more of which way they go.