Laws Are Meant to Be Broken or at least Bent

Started by hardygirl847, December 16, 2009, 11:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

So Frank and Joe are our heroes. That's obvious. However, they are not perfect. I'm pretty sure they have broken a few laws throughout the years and in the different series. Do you have some examples of this? Please try to include the book the crime took place.

Thanks!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Nice thread. I'm planning on (re-)reading the original versions of the first 38 Hardy Boys books, which is probably the least-perfect portrayal of the boys, since they have no respect for the local police, and often carry guns, and, with Chet's help, even disturb the peace in their spare time.

I'll post the boys' crimes as they come across them.

4567TME

I'll look through my HBs (I hope a get a few for Christmas)!

hardygirl847

Thanks! I am going to do the same since I recently got a bunch. Yay! :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

I can think of a few of the top of my head...breaking and entering, trespassing, and, of course, speeding (but who hasn't committed this "crime"?).

hardygirl847

LOL Yeah Joe definitely has a lead foot. It's funny how those crimes are okay to them because they are minor. What else have they done maybe undercover as well? Hmm....

tomswift2002

In the Tower Treasure (1927) the boys, along with Tony Prito, Biff Hooper and Chet Morton create a false alarm call that delays Collig and Smuff from going to interview Jackley by placing a clock under a fruit stand that is ticking and saying that it is a bomb.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Quote from: Santa Claus on December 19, 2009, 05:58:28 PM
In the Tower Treasure (1927) the boys, along with Tony Prito, Biff Hooper and Chet Morton create a false alarm call that delays Collig and Smuff from going to interview Jackley by placing a clock under a fruit stand that is ticking and saying that it is a bomb.

Yeah, they aren't exactly role models in the early books.

hardygirl847

Thanks for the example! I am not familiar with the earlier series so that is helpful. They are not perfect...that's for sure.

tomswift2002

Then in Hunting For Hidden Gold (1928) the boys and their friends lob snowballs at Con Riley.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Bigfootman

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Jokerette

Quote from: Santa Claus on December 20, 2009, 02:12:47 PM
Then in Hunting For Hidden Gold (1928) the boys and their friends lob snowballs at Con Riley.

aw c'mon! give em a break on that one! they're teens after all! :D :D i mean, what teen can resist the urge to throw a snowball at a grown-up? ;)
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

SDLagent

Jokerette

guess you're right there. still...it was prob totally fun! :D
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

hardygirl847

Con is a cop but also a friend of theirs. I would still consider that something they would get in trouble for though...